Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zorro and I drove for 75 minutes tonight. He was a little stinker so our regular 4 miles took a bit longer. There are days that he would really rather not go driving and tries to turn around every chance he gets. So tonight I let him! LOL! Then he had to go in a circle and back up. Then walk on. He did for the first half of our drive and then decided it was just easier to walk or trot on. We had a lovely little flat out gallop as well. I love doing that and he seems to enjoy them as well! I will say that he also tried to turn around on the way home a few times. LOL! Talk about being a turkey!

45 minutes on Weds. driving Cappy and 20 minutes on Tues. I forget the dates!
I sprained my ankle quite badly (chipped a peice of bone off o_O!) on Wednesday so I think I am grounded for a week or so.

45 minutes on Weds. driving Cappy and 20 minutes on Tues. I forget the dates!
I sprained my ankle quite badly (chipped a peice of bone off o_O!) on Wednesday so I think I am grounded for a week or so.
Oh no! That sounds very painful. Take it easy so it will heal!!

Zorro and I did a 30 minute ground drive tonight. I was too tired to hitch him to the cart and go for a drive. Hopefully we can do that tomorrow! We've been getting some MUCH needed rain so if the weather will hold off we can have a nice drive tomorrow :)

1h 40m driving Candace this morning. We did 5.5 miles around the back roads with my dad driving Ferb. We made lots of new friends and gave rides. Had to make one pee stop for me (pregnant me has to go a lot) but luckily this valley is sprinkled with family so I didn't have to use a construction site port-a-pot.

I was torn between taking Clementine who needs the training time, or Candace who needs the exercise. Candace won out in the end. I need to get these two going as a team this fall so I can work both at once. I could pony one but having never done it I'd like to have someone along to help out the first time.

August Driving Hours are all caught up and we're headed into September. Hope the nice driving weather holds out for everyone!

Thank you for keeping track of time! when I pony in the cart i crosstie. in the sulky, i just hold the whip in front of midnight if she starts to come beside the wheel. she figured out the drill after one outing. the driven horse is more of a concern. sounds like candace would be safe and steady. you'll need to be extra careful:)

I drove Cappy 20 minutes. Dan drove him to warm him up and cool him out. Not that he needed cooling, really. We use those last few minutes to practice backing (not Cappy's favorite thing, but he is catching on) and doing a few obstacles. Then we find something to end on a positive note with. Which is pretty easy, Cappy is mostly obliging :). Mostly :D.

I drove Cappy 20 minutes. Dan drove him to warm him up and cool him out. Not that he needed cooling, really. We use those last few minutes to practice backing (not Cappy's favorite thing, but he is catching on) and doing a few obstacles. Then we find something to end on a positive note with. Which is pretty easy, Cappy is mostly obliging :). Mostly :D.
Your injury must be doing well!

20 minutes ground driving Midnight today. We worked in the open, untied, to harness. She's doing very well with that. I am still just ground driving her; not ready to get into the regular cart yet with her. We drove in the open space, then back to the boulder area. The boulders are a tricky area with the cart as the wheels get lodged if we don't get our turns just right. She is crossing over well in the turns. Backing well also.
If I can find someone to drive with me, I will give it a go. She did fine in the sulky on our drive with Dapper Dan so I'm sure she would go well with the cart also. I just don't think we are ready to go it alone just yet.

It is getting better slowly. The swelling is resolving
Your injury must be doing well!

but the colors remain. I have an air splint to wear and that helps!stabilize it. It is going to hurt for awhile, I did this very same thing to it about 20 years ago and it took about six weeks to heal. The radiologist was baffled as he couldn't be sure if he was looking at an old chip or a new one. I told him "probably both" lol and explained the old sprain/chip to him. Then what he saw on the X-ray made sense.
We went to a show Sunday and I managed the halter class. Dan led Peanut to the ring and handed him off to me at the gate and I hobbled through the class and handed him back to Dan. It wasn't graceful and I did not pass the soundness jog :D, but we got it done.

About 20 minutes driving Peanut. We were out longer but some of the time spent was adjusting the Big Dee harness I got for him a couple of weeks ago. It fit pretty well, just needed tweaking. It is a tiny bit larger than the last harness I got from them, all in all, just about the same. It has wrap straps :)! I am not a fan of the buckle down tug things. Guess I'm old school. Or just old :p.

I drove Zorro and ponied Sky for a fast 2.5 miles tonight. It took us 30 minutes. In that 30 minutes we dealt with hurricane winds, rain, some sun and some more wind. Crazy weather!

We drove for 120 minutes today, doing our long, steep 5 mile drive. It was nice to be back up there! I don't like to do that drive when it's hot as it seems like torture. But when it's cool it's a really nice drive. Ponied Sky too. She was a little tired but Zorro did very well. It was a cool 57 degrees and windy but it was so beautiful I didn't care one bit!

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

Latest posts

Back