Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think horses' eyesight changes as they get older? DD is almost 23. He never used to bother much with inanimate objects, but the last couple of years he seems more reactive.
Definitely, though Zorro is only 4. But the other pony I have here, Mikey, seems more reactive than he was when he was younger, especially if there is snow on the ground. I don't think he sees things in the same way as the other ponies.

60 minutes driving Zorro today. We did some videos and then went for a drive because he was being such a jerk. LOL! I figured he needed to get out and move his feet!

Hubby and I drove together today. I drove Peanut and he took Cappy for a walk. Then I drove Cappy for a short time. He goes so much better for my husband, lol. With me he is always trying to pull a fast one. I have a feeling it is because since I'm the one who asks more of him, I'm the one who's gonna get the attitude :p. He was really a good boy all things considered. It was his second day in the bigger field since I think over a year ago.
30 minutes of driving Peanut
10 minute spin with Cappy

I bet she just need milage and she'll figure out at some point that it is just easier just to go along quietly. It's just getting to that point that is exasperating. Sometimes I think they act like unruly toddlers :D!
Cappy got his second dose of Adequan last night :). I can see a difference.

Last edited:
Woo hooo! I got 2 hours in with Candace today. We made a horse parade with my family that came to visit. Some of our time was stopped visiting with friends and neighbors but we were hitched and in the cart so I figure it counts and is good training all at the same time :)

I put my hours for the weekend on the wrong thread, lol. I don't know what the heck happened, I can't blame it on a full moon or moonshine :p so maybe its old age.

20 minutes driving Peanut on Friday
25 minutes driving Cappy on Saturday

Glad to hear you got out ad about with Candace! Sitting around in the cart counts :). I did some of that with Cappy yesterday.

Cappy had a lesson yesterday. Worked on me and my tendency to lock my shoulders and wrists. Also worked on getting quiet, soft halts. I tend to be so tense through my wrists/shoulders and it makes such a difference when I remember to breath and be soft. My intsructor can steer them with one hand, I barely barge around with two :cool:.

30 minutes of ground driving for Cappy and 20 driving (hitched) Peanut.

Latest posts

Back