Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mindy, I just read your blog posts from today, and I didn't realise that Sky was pregnant! <3 When is she due? Who is the sire?
Oh no she isn't pregnant but she LOOKS like she is! LOL! OMG she is so fat! She is starting her exercise program today. She will NOT be happy about that. But on a side note: I do want to slim her down because I am hoping to bid on a stallion during the auction next year! So there may be one more foal in her future ;)

Oh!!! I must have misread that! Sorry!! LOL! I wish that she was! She is so cute! But yes, I completely agree, Miss Sky needs to get slim, so a new man can come into her life! xD

Peanut driving 5/31 30 minutes and 6/1 30 minutes.
Sunday we went to a show and I ground drove him about 40 minutes and drove him 30.
He had another meltdown, but got over it sooner and when I hitched him he was much more relaxed. I showed him indoors and he has never, to my knowledge, been indoors. I was expecting some drama but he took it all in stride. We stood at the in gate and let him watch some classes before his. Maybe that helped. And he stood quietly as the big horses came and went for their classes. Of course Hubby was at his head, so I'm sure that helped. Hubby is his security "person".

Well his meltdown this Sunday consisted of going straight up in the air and hopping like a Lippizan while I was ground driving, when he came down, he then spun on his haunches like a reining horse ad wrapped himself in the lines. Squeeling was involved (him, not me, lol). There was nothing I could do but go with the flow. I untangled him and we moved on. He tried it once or twice more but I saw it coming and moved him forward real quick. He gets so emotional the first hour or so when he is around the big horses. But by the time we left he was acting as if he was right at home and seemed to being enjoying himself so he is slowly acclimating to the hubbub.
With a better driver than me he probably would have more confidence, but we are working through it. One step at a time.
I was the only one in the class, which was nice because I could focus on just him.
I will post a picture tonight.

Here he is. The picture indoors is not the best. It was a little dark in there, but a wonderful place to drive. No ruts!

Attachments

• DSCN2185 (3).JPG
    DSCN2185 (3).JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN2173.JPG
    DSCN2173.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
Thank you Crimson Rose. I went in Pleasure Driving and P!easure Driving Championship. He was the only entry. Hopefully it was a positive experience for him. He really does seem to enjoy himself once he simmers down. I was REALLY happy that the indoor arena did not bother him at all. He went in and happily did his job. We still have a lot to work on, but that is half the fun.

Thank you :). The judge said I did a "good job with him" which made me happy. I wish I had asked to see the judges card but I didn't think of it.
He is a handsome horse! Good for you to enter! Maybe your entry will inspire others to take up driving. Did you get comments from the judges?

Mindy, Zorro always seems to have his eye on something off in the distance in his pictures, does he have an inquisitive personality?

30 minutes ground driving Midnight and 30 minutes hitched! My neighbor came to help me. We led her first with the sulky then I got in. Neighbor kept a lead rope, but just for safety. When I got in and asked Midnight to walk up, her ears said "what a minute, this is heavy now!" She dug in, though, and did okay. After a few stops and starts, she was prepared for the weight and did better.
I think I would still like to have help a couple more times, since I have a confidence problem now. But so far she seems to be doing well.

Thank you :). The judge said I did a "good job with him" which made me happy. I wish I had asked to see the judges card but I didn't think of it.

Mindy, Zorro always seems to have his eye on something off in the distance in his pictures, does he have an inquisitive personality?

Congrats on your show! It's a lovely compliment to get from a judge :)

Zorro looks around but doesn't get too excited by things. But he does watch where he is going and likes to see what's around the next corner. I love that as he is very forward.

30 minutes ground driving Midnight and 30 minutes hitched! My neighbor came to help me. We led her first with the sulky then I got in. Neighbor kept a lead rope, but just for safety. When I got in and asked Midnight to walk up, her ears said "what a minute, this is heavy now!" She dug in, though, and did okay. After a few stops and starts, she was prepared for the weight and did better.
I think I would still like to have help a couple more times, since I have a confidence problem now. But so far she seems to be doing well.
Give Midnight a pat from me! Good Girl!

20 minutes ground driving Midnight. Things didn't go quite as brilliantly as before. Maybe it was because I was very, very tired. I did not attempt to hitch her, as I was by myself.

Latest posts

Back