Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Zorro has been footy (no heat in his feet other than that first day, no pulse, just a bit sore) due to the green grass coming up so he has had a few days off and has been locked in a small pen which has him quite mad. But yesterday we were able to do 30 minutes of drive time. He wore padded boots and was quite happy to get out and trot for awhile!

Glad you got out and about with Sundance Peggy. Sun for Sundance!

Sorry that Zorro was having a problem but happy to hear it is resolved. My wee Cappy is NQR since his last trim three weeks ago. He is good in his boots but once in awhile he is ouchy without them. The vet was out and could not see anything wrong except his feet are very SHORT and he is too fat. And we all know what too fat does to minis. So he is on a diet and is going to be tested for Metabolic issues next week. I have been ground driving him for short periods of time at the walk with his boots on because he needs the exercise and he has been comfortable. I wouldn't do it if he seemed uncomfortable. And he is galloping around his paddock just fine so I think its ok to give him some exercise.
20 minutes ground driving Peanut
15 minutes ground driving Cappy. Both for yesterday.

Zorro and I went camping this weekend with our driving club. We spent about 30 minutes driving on Friday afternoon. Then on Saturday we drove for 5 hours (300 minutes) and went 14 miles with the group. Stopping for a lunch break, but the ponies stayed harnessed. Then today we did another 5 hours (300 minutes) of driving and went 15 miles, so more trotting and cantering today! But this drive was done in a downpour and we slogged through ankle deep mud for several miles. Poor ponies! We were so cold and tired by the time we made it back to the campground...
zorroonthetrailsmall.jpg
zorroatthecreeksmall.jpg
The ponies on the high line. They did great!
poniesonhighlinesmall.jpg

May 23 - 70 minutes
May 25 - 40 minutes
Today - 150 minutes :D

Wow Mindy! That’s amazing! :eek: That means you guys covered over 30 miles over the course of a weekend! Go Zorro! I wish I had a driving club around here to go with. That sounds like so much fun!!:D On a side note, I love the pics that you upload where we can see your shoes because they match Zorro’s harness. I love color coordinating so that always makes me smile :)

Sorry on the very late reply Cayuse, but congrats on Peanut’s first driving class! I’m so glad you took the time to prepare him and that you considered it a training opportunity instead of “ok, we need to win!”

So today I took Coady back out to the barn to drive on the trails through the fields across the street from the barn. We went with 2 friends out there who rode their big horses, including Triton, a big Clydesdale/Dutch Harness Horse cross. Needless to say my boy looked quite small! He was such a little star and so full of energy! Our usual drives are 1-2 miles...today our trail drive was over 5 miles on lots of hills and rough terrain (in comparison to what he is used to at least) and he was still ready to zip around the arena a bit when we got back. I’m just so proud of my little man... he was such a good boy and he continues to amaze me! Sorry I look like a dork with my sleeves rolled up in the second pic...it was hot! It’s amazing how flat the dirt strip looks in the 3rd pic...it wasn’t! It was still one of the flattest areas on the ride though...hill after hill after hill. Good for Coady’s weight loss program though! His Equine Jogging boots are GREAT!! Expensive but worth every cent. Same as our awesome Hyperbike and MaraFun harness ;)

D74ABD62-1E6A-4BED-82ED-40F5D60FC20C.png A60694A1-1D60-4644-BD5A-C8C29553CE09.png F0C90B50-858C-4C26-B4EC-1CD6B73F663B.jpeg

Every time I have a look here there is some more driving you did :eek: you are a crazy bunch! :D and I feel my hours are nothing compared to hours!

But I've a very few hours too from the last weeks:

5/1: 60 minutes for the team Massai/Teddy/Moony
5/3: 30 minutes for the team Massai/Teddy/Moony
5/4: 40 minutes for Moony, 30 minutes for Teddy, 40 minutes for Massai
5/6: 30 minutes for Moony
5/7: 30 minutes for the team T/M/M
5/11: 60 minutes for Moony, 40 minutes for Teddy
5/13: 20 minutes for Moony
5/14: 40 minutes for the team T/M/M
5/16: 30 minutes for Teddy
5/17: 30 minutes for the team T/M/M
5/18: 50 minutes for Moony, 60 minutes for the team Teddy/Massai
5/19: 20 minutes for the team Moony/Massai
5/21: 20 minutes for Massai
5/22: 20 minutes for Teddy
5/23: 50 minutes for the team T/M/M
5/24: 40 minutes for the team T/M/M
5/25: 60 minutes for Massai, 50 minutes for Moony
5/26: 40 minutes for the team Moony/Massai
5/27: 20 minutes for Moony

Gotcha all caught up on hours! I know I've been a flake but... I'm unexpectedly pregnant. At age 36 and after 14 years of infertility.... Go figure. I have one 9 year old son we were so blessed to adopt as an infant (he's thrilled about this!). This is going to be a bit of an adjustment. Anyway... I promise I'll try to do better.

Loving all the driving adventures. So jealous of those of you going to shows. I had big plans before the big surprise but I'm still planning on pursuing CDE. I'm going to start practicing our gaits ground driving to see if I can learn with the help of youtube and online classes for the driven dressage part. I can also set up a cones course in my back pasture and will work on desensitizing my horses to various things so the obstacles (some have flags and really bright colors I've noticed) won't freak them out too much.

Happy driving and congrats to those of you attending shows and parades. And Mindy! That camping trip looks like it was so much fun!

Thanks Cayuse! Our Ponies to People ratio was way off so this should help ;)

You guys inspired me to get out this evening so when I had to go find my son on his bike ride this evening I ground drove Candace. I wanted to get the cart out but Hubby buried it in the garage over the winter so I got some exercise too I guess.

25m ground driving for Candace tonight and a nice evening walk for me.
IMG_20190531_182750.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back