Driving in the Snow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluerocket

Reaction score
Hi there -- I will be adding more photos to the post as I get them uploaded.

The one on this link is 1.2mb however -- and is very similar to my current avatar.

Photo #1 of Platinum and sleigh 1.2 megapixel sorry

Platinum and I were trying out the sleigh runners for the first time. He was scared of all the different noises the sleigh runners would make as they went over different "types" of snow and ice and mixtures of it -- But we had a great time. The next day all 3" melted
default_wacko.png
:

We are already looking forward to the next snow -- it will probably happen NEXT YEAR!!

Will try to resize the photos so they will be smaller - but hubby took them with 5 MP camera!

JJay

I love it!!! I have the exact same cart except that mine currently sports wheels not runners. I think it's a great cart -- so comfortable and beautiful! It looks like you and Platinum are having a blast
default_smile.png

platinum%20and%20jjay%20driving%20in%20the%20snow.jpg

Thank you Jill - for the comments and for posting the "shrunken" picture!

I sure appreciate it.

JJay

[SIZE=14pt]great picture, looks like you had a nice time
default_yes.gif
: . do you mind saying where your cart is from? i have looked at a million and finally decided to order and they told me they weren't taking anymore orders until late spring
default_sad.png
so now i have to find one somewhere else. thanks, Nikki
[/SIZE]

Oh, neat JJay! Platinum looks great.
default_yes.gif
: I ground-drove Kody in the snow tonight with a big full moon shining down on all that sparkling powder and man I wished I had a sleigh. So cool!

Leia

Thanks everyone -- appreciate the compliments and it was fun!

Leia -- all you need is sleigh runners for your regular cart!! Most of the people who make easy entry carts have them for sale. You just take off the wheels and slide these on instead! It is so much fun -- we slipped sideways a little on the small hills in the pasture - and Platinum was a bit spooky about all the different noises -- but we both had fun and if the snow had stayed around we would have driven longer the next day. But it was not to be.

Nikki -- my website has the information about how to contact the man who made my cart. He is in PA.

Go to Fox Holler Farm ICDE page and look on the right hand side of the page in the side area -- near the bottom of the page.

John does excellent work -- I have wooden wheels, rubber tires and the sleigh runners for it. I love how it looks and how it rides. Only thing I wish it had -- was a way to adjust the balance (move the seat back/forth). Its great with Platinum, but I would like to be able to adjust it for other size minis.

He built this for me Summer of 1999

JJay

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]thanks! the one i was going to get was made to order. i want certain length shafts and certain size wheels and also the runners. i have called and emailed so many places and they don't do special order, they have A carts, B carts or pony carts but the sizes/lengths can't be change. i am going to check it out right now :aktion033: , thanks again, Nikki [/SIZE]

If that cart is from John at Pequea, I certainly second it being great! I have one and I love it! It is like brand new after several years now!

-Amy

Thanks JJay, I know where to get those runners but I want a REAL sleigh! Or for that matter, somewhere to drive in the snow. :eek: Once we get out on the road it's been cleared so the only place to sleigh drive would be my arena...and sleighs don't turn well from what I've been told. Too bad! LOL

Leia

Latest posts

Back