Driving in Florida Temperatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say morning or evening.....avoid the hottest hours (11-4) There is a heat index chart you can look up....temp + humidity % = heat index. Over 150 I believe isn't good for exercising horses, big or small.

I think Northern Michigan is getting close to Florida temps this week. UGH! So hot and the bugs are merciless! Too hot for horses or people today!

It was 111 yesterday. But the mornings are still doable. I try to get my garden work done in the morning, though, so have not been driving. We haven't had bugs so far. Hardly any flies, even. I should probably knock on wood, though!

It was 111 yesterday. But the mornings are still doable. I try to get my garden work done in the morning, though, so have not been driving. We haven't had bugs so far. Hardly any flies, even. I should probably knock on wood, though!
I can send you some flies and mosquitoes if you want. ;) Free of charge, I'll even pay for shipping! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Taz
I can send you some flies and mosquitoes if you want. ;) Free of charge, I'll even pay for shipping! 🤣
You're very sweet to offer, but I think I'll take our heat instead of the bugs. The horses have been laying out in the sun, soaking up Vit D, I suppose, so the heat isn't bothering them too much. Usually I spritz them in the afternoon. The poultry seems to mind it the most.

Well, we are in the (low) 90's this week too so I've got both! 😝

Just curious, what do you do for your chickens/poultry to help them keep cool?

Well, we are in the (low) 90's this week too so I've got both! 😝

Just curious, what do you do for your chickens/poultry to help them keep cool?
We have a misting line we can hook up, but the chicks are not comfortable with that. They have shade and I run their water bowl over and make a muddy area. They also stand in the water bowl (it's a rubber feed tub). The big girls are free range, so they go under the trees or under my little barn, where ever they feel most comfortable. I can't let the chicks out to free range yet because of varmints.

Wowzers Marsha, I'll remember that next time I feel like complaining!
It's hard to keep a garden cared for and horses exercised when it all has to be done in the morning!

Latest posts

Back