Driving Handiness for 4-H

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which song do you like for Driving Handiness (explaination below)

• Walk like an Egyptian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under the Boardwalk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jess P

Reaction score
For all of you who do not know what Driving Handiness is, I will explain. It is a fun class where you dress your horse and cart up, then you complete a pattern you make prior to competing to music.

In the pattern you must complete

Walk

Collected trot

Working trot

Fast right turn

Fast left turn

Slow right turn

Slow left turn

90 degree turn at a halt

Back up 4 steps

and a figure 8.

My mom and I narrowed the music choice down to two.

Walk like an Egyptian We will dress up myself, Chantilly, and the cart up all egyptian like

Under the Boardwalk, we will dress everything up like a beach scene.

Both of the song match the paces well, have stops and slow parts for the slow maneuvers.

Thank you!

I can't really remember the songs...only a little bit...but I like "walk like an egyptian"

It also sounds more like a song to use for the stuff you have to exhibit. Besides I think dressing up Egypt-style would be more fun!
yes.gif

smile.gif
Sounds like across between liberty and costume or freestyle dressage. I like the walk like an egyptian. Sounds like fun, good luck! Linda B
aktion033.gif

Wow sounds like a lot of fun. I have never heard of that class but it would be really neat to do. I like the song Walk like an Egyptian best . Please post pictures when you do it.
aktion033.gif

Well Thanks everyone!

We have decided to do Under the Boardwalk. I know Walk like an Egyptian sounds fun, I really wish I could do it, but It is much harder to get the pattern to match the sound, a lot more work because there are a lot of pauses and such, and I only have a week to learn the pattern I made (I found out I was doing Driving Handiness a couple days ago).

I will be sure to post pictures next week!

What a neat thing - I didn't know there was such a class, would love to see one. Freestyle reining comes to mind. I've seen some great turnouts in that one.

Jan

Its really a fun class. THey have it for big horses to for western and english. Im not sure if Im the only one in the class or not, though.

Back