Driving gloves needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My favorite driving gloves finally wore out; the fingers split. I've had them about 20 years, my first pair and purchased used on eBay. They were so thin and flexible--and had a leopard print. I have another pair, but they are thicker and not quite so flexible. I'm using them because I have to, but looking for recommendations on a new/different pair.
Another advantage my old ones had was the finger length. Most gloves are made for women with longer fingers--or long fingernails. I have neither. My old ones had finger length perfect for me. Boohoo. I hate when my favorite things wear out.
Any ideas?

I actually use fox motocross gloves for pretty much everything. A kids XL protects my hands and still gives me the feel that I want, and they fit perfect. If you have a motorcycle dealer near you, you can try them out. They sell very thick ones but I just use lined leather gloves when it gets to that temperature.

Kid sized gloves are a great idea, I also used to wear kid sized. I have small hands and have the same problem with the extra room at the fingers. It's made worse by having to now get gloves a wee bit big so I can get them on over my arthritic thumbs joints.

I actually use fox motocross gloves for pretty much everything. A kids XL protects my hands and still gives me the feel that I want, and they fit perfect. If you have a motorcycle dealer near you, you can try them out. They sell very thick ones but I just use lined leather gloves when it gets to that temperature.
I had thought of looking at motorcycle gloves. I'll check that out.

I like "gripit" mountain biking gloves. They come in so many patterns and colors. I have my mountain biking pairs and my horse driving pairs.

They also sell them at most bike shops.

https://gripitsports.com/collections/all-gloves
I will check into those. I tried motocross gloves at a local store and they were too bulky. I like that I can measure my hand and get a glove that isn't just generically sized.

My favorite are doeskin gloves from PeavyMart (I'm not sure if that's just a Canadian chain or not.) But just regular doeskin work gloves. If you're driving in a show, they need to be brown but some leather dye will do the trick slick as can be. They're very reasonably priced, thin enough to not get in the way and last quite well.

Hope you find what works for you!

My favorite driving gloves finally wore out; the fingers split. I've had them about 20 years, my first pair and purchased used on eBay. They were so thin and flexible--and had a leopard print. I have another pair, but they are thicker and not quite so flexible. I'm using them because I have to, but looking for recommendations on a new/different pair.
Another advantage my old ones had was the finger length. Most gloves are made for women with longer fingers--or long fingernails. I have neither. My old ones had finger length perfect for me. Boohoo. I hate when my favorite things wear out.
Any ideas?
Try Correct Connect gloves. I love them and use them for carriage showing and ridden dressage. They are thin and have good grip without being sticky. They come in different colors too. Brown is appropriate for carriage driving as the gloves wmshould match the brown lines.

Latest posts

Back