Driving Dressage Information

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wodering if anyone knew of any good sites or books on Drivin dressage. Im doing a reserch paper on school about the positive effects of basic dressage training on driving horses. Thanks Guys, Ian

First, I hope one of the monitors moves this to the main forum - and I hope Leia and some of the other drivers see it!

I would start with the American Driving Society website www.americandrivingsociety.org.

I don't know if their magazine is on-line, but if it is, check out the latest issue because there is an article about the CDE that YOU VOLUNTEERED AT!! Photos too, including Rita and her mini.

The best book I know is Carriage Driving by Heike Bean and Sarah Blanchard. Lots of great information there.

Now if you REALLY want to get into this (maybe like a college level course) this book might be helpful: Conditioning Sport Horses by Hilary M. Clayton. I can't really recommend it because I haven't read it myself yet, but it looks very useful. There is a whole chapter on conditioning for Combined Driving.

Ive been on the ADS website, theres info on there but not much. I think im going to send an email to the dressage person on there and seee if they can send me any information or atleast point me in the right direction.

Get the Heike Bean book and there's some others I can recommend too. The Hilary Clayton book is great but it's about conditioning, not the benefits of driven dressage. Really, the benefits for a driven dressage horse are exactly the same as for a ridden horse or one in long-lines so any dressage book can tell you about them.

Leia

Latest posts

Back