Drivin' Thru 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 15. Ground driving DD for 40 minutes.

Did you know that in MN, if you complacently geound drive your mini on a windy day, she can bolt and ground drive herself, by herself, all the way back home hands free, so to speak? 🤣

What a dope! (Human not horse). The plus side of watching the back end of your pony for 1/4 of a mile is the planning time you have. 😂 We were on the gravel road heading home so there was a nice straight shot to our driveway and she displayed a surprising turn of speed for a Thelwell pony, turning perfectly into the driveway coming to a halt in the grass by our house.

I walked up to her, picked up the reins and off we went to try that again, only my way this time. We both did much better and were nearly perfect by the third trip! 😅

Thank you HesheyMint, me too. So glad I didn’t have her on the cart. Definitely need to continue ground driving until we are both confident.
Yes, watching your horse and cart go galloping off is not a good sight. Sounds as though DD didn't panic, she just knew where she wanted to go.

Marsha, I felt like an idiot, not least because I let the lines go slack and she sure had a head of steam when she hit the end of the line. She didn’t seem to panic, just feeling good heading home in a brisk cool wind and sunny day. Learning is forever! ;)

🤣 Yep, she is an independent thinker, Kelly! Wow! You and Stormy are really adding up those miles and doing it together, at the same time! 😂

Today is the parade where I was hoping to use the covered wagon we made. I haven't been able to use my cart for a month with Midnight because it is under construction. After a month of summer temperatures, today decided to go all winter on us. High of 66, cloudy and windy. Brrr! No bathing Dapper Dan, and what's the point of a costume if one has to bundle up like an eskimo? If the sun comes out I will reconsider, but it looks like I may skip this parade. So disappointing!! We have the covered wagon all disassembled in the pickup, cart waxed, harness clean, Dapper Dan on his Equioxx.

Latest posts

Back