Drivin' Thru 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 hour ground driving Coconut, slowly getting used to the bit! I’ve been driving with the lines connected to her halter with the bridle on top of that so she can get used to the bit without worrying about any pressure just yet. Normally I end our sessions with some light ground driving with the lines connected to the bit and I’ll slowly work up from there as she gets more used to it!

15 minute ground driving Cappy and 20 driving. Almost all walking as he's quite out of shape and we stayed in the small paddock as it was his first tie hitched since his sinus surgery. I wanted to be sure he didn't have any issues wearing the bridle.
Hope all went well on the drive. No issues with the bridle?

Hope all went well on the drive. No issues with the bridle?
No issues, I drove again today and he was still soft and his mouth was pretty quiet. Still a bit stiff bending going to the right but that, I think, is from him being out of shape and he does have a wee bit of arthritis so we are working slowly the first few times so he can stretch things out and I can see where we are at. Did a little trot today, he was happy to go and then happy to walk. I'm letting him choose his activity level for now :). I did notice much less snorting during our drive. He used to snort quite a bit, especially when first starting off. His nose must feel much clearer now.

1/2 hour driving today. Cappy :)

There are two full size horses in the pasture next door temporarily and our horses have been out there grazing next to them a couple of times. The biggies ran and hid in the barn the first time I drove around our back pasture and today they came out to the fence when we drove back there and they got all excited and started running around hoofs pounding, which got our horses excited!!!! We were able to drive through it but ended up staying out another 15 minutes til our horses could drive by in a relaxed manner. Everyone had fun but it was a little nerve racking at first, not gonna lie!

There are two full size horses in the pasture next door temporarily and our horses have been out there grazing next to them a couple of times. The biggies ran and hid in the barn the first time I drove around our back pasture and today they came out to the fence when we drove back there and they got all excited and started running around hoofs pounding, which got our horses excited!!!! We were able to drive through it but ended up staying out another 15 minutes til our horses could drive by in a relaxed manner. Everyone had fun but it was a little nerve racking at first, not gonna lie!
I was driving Dapper Dan, luckily, at the arena where a play day was in progress. A group of cowboys were lounging around on their horses. I drove by with Dapper Dan and all of the horses spooked. One began to buck. Kind of chaotic there for a minute. Dapper Dan was unfazed by the excitement. I imagine those cowboys were cursing that pesky pony!

Latest posts

Back