Drivin' Thru 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dapper Dan and Midnight received the ribbon yesterday. One reason I picked Dapper Dan for my horse out of the herd of stallions 20 years ago, was because of his habit of sticking out his tongue. I thought it was so humorous. So, he loves showing off his ribbon and instead of smiling for the camera, he does his tongue trick.
Midnight was more comfortable wearing the ribbon this year; last year she thought it might attack her. This year she was just curious.DD with ribbon.jpgmidnight with ribbon.jpg

Yesterday one of Bear’s friends came over to meet Apaché... we wondered up and down the properties’ big shared driveway to sniff the horses on the other side, eat some grass and give the kids a bit of a ride. No bridle. Only 1km probably...

Attachments

• A2F49F34-E5D0-41BD-B232-F8DB9D32D577.jpeg
    A2F49F34-E5D0-41BD-B232-F8DB9D32D577.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 35F1E935-B9D9-42C9-AF20-53324BE9AA35.jpeg
    35F1E935-B9D9-42C9-AF20-53324BE9AA35.jpeg
    324.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 5AA15670-490C-4E41-848C-9837A12E3B85.jpeg
    5AA15670-490C-4E41-848C-9837A12E3B85.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 5
  • B0466F3A-BD21-4783-8F4B-9E9DC7DA4A7C.jpeg
    B0466F3A-BD21-4783-8F4B-9E9DC7DA4A7C.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 21F7097D-DA9A-42D1-AA69-AF41669ADBF0.jpeg
    21F7097D-DA9A-42D1-AA69-AF41669ADBF0.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 5
My daughter and i would like to start training our minis, or at least, Pumpkin, the younger one to cart. Are there any good training videos out there? My daughter's done a little carting at a local barn, but I am not really a horse person and know nothing. Not sure if we can find a trainer on the island where we live. Sure sounds fun though! I posted a photo of my daughter with our minis on another forum, but I'll post it here too. They're a little pudgy. I think they need more exercise, hence, the carting idea. :) Heidi

Attachments

• Cam and Horses.jpg
    Cam and Horses.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 2
We went on a family walk today for the first time! (Dog, kids, and minis!) So fun, but alas, I can't upload the video because apparently it's too big. I make a short one next time to share. :) You are all motivating us to start learning to cart/drive! That sounds super fun!

Download your video to YouTube, it is really easy! Then you can copy the link and post it for all of us to see, it’s really easy.

YES! Teaching them to drive a cart is a blast! You’ll have a great time doing it! Just take your time and go slow ♥️♥️

Mindy Schroeder, a long-time driver and member of this forum, has WONDERFUL videos and a book she's written that you'll find tremendously helpful. They're clear, concise and start at the very beginning. Novices and experts can always learn from what she has available. I highly recommend them!

Feb 21 -

50 minutes driving Rocko.

Was windy out and he could see some horses running in a pasture so he got excited and was nice and forward but had a few spooks here and there today with imaginary things in the wind I guess! Now my eyes and nose are a wreck from pollen. Oh well. We had some fun.

Feb 21 -

50 minutes driving Rocko.

Was windy out and he could see some horses running in a pasture so he got excited and was nice and forward but had a few spooks here and there today with imaginary things in the wind I guess! Now my eyes and nose are a wreck from pollen. Oh well. We had some fun.
Good for you, brave girl and horse!

Good for you, brave girl and horse!
I wore my knit cap with the ear flaps to keep warm and really questioned my decision not to wear a helmet on a windy day when he jumped to the side and we almost crashed into a couple of t- posts bracing a tree. I might of been brave but I didn't feel very smart!

Download your video to YouTube, it is really easy! Then you can copy the link and post it for all of us to see, it’s really easy.

YES! Teaching them to drive a cart is a blast! You’ll have a great time doing it! Just take your time and go slow ♥♥
I'll see if my daughter can show me how to download my video to YouTube. And we will try to each them to drive this summer! That's my new goal! It's sounds like so much fun! (Can minis pull adults?)

Hi all!
Major Clem uses this thread to track logged driving hours for the year so maybe we should jump over to the thread "Your Drive Day" where we chat about our drives and our driving training. This way she won't have to weed through all the posts while she does her data entry. I'm really excited that we have more people wanting to drive!!!! ❤

Latest posts

Back