Drivin' Thru 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 minutes ground driving Billy. We out in the back pasture today. First we followed the mowed path, then left the path and went down some gullies. One he decided to jump over. I wanted to take him out of sight of Dapper Dan. He did well today.
I notice that when I get home with Dapper Dan, the girth is very loose. When I get home with Billy, the girth is just as tight as when we left.

Have been out “grandparenting” in the Twin Cities so enjoyed reading your posts on my phone while hubby stayed home to feed everyone and hold down the fort.

One outing with DD: October 11. Ground driving - 40 minute.

Our neighbor harvested the soybeans he planted in one of our fields, so DD and I went off road. 😊 The furrows were so flat and straight, beautifully marked with the stubble, so we worked up the furrows using them as markers for lane changes.;)

Have been out “grandparenting” in the Twin Cities so enjoyed reading your posts on my phone while hubby stayed home to feed everyone and hold down the fort.

One outing with DD: October 11. Ground driving - 40 minute.

Our neighbor harvested the soybeans he planted in one of our fields, so DD and I went off road. 😊 The furrows were so flat and straight, beautifully marked with the stubble, so we worked up the furrows using them as markers for lane changes.;)
Nice drive! Always interesting to work with natural obstacles while out and about.

Hours are all caught up. I spent a week in Europe with my mom and then came home with Covid (I'm amazed that's all I got being in crowded metro rail cars for a week) so I haven't been taking advantage of our nice fall weather. Sadly it's about to turn nasty and cold for us. But it's fun to keep up with everyone's driving adventures. Drive on my friends!

Hours are all caught up. I spent a week in Europe with my mom and then came home with Covid (I'm amazed that's all I got being in crowded metro rail cars for a week) so I haven't been taking advantage of our nice fall weather. Sadly it's about to turn nasty and cold for us. But it's fun to keep up with everyone's driving adventures. Drive on my friends!
Sounds like a good vacation but sorry you had Covid. I sure hope you are feeling better. Getting some mini time in should help 🤣

One hour ground driving Billy. Whew. Then we went in the sulky out on the road for 15 minutes. I let him trot and we covered a lot of ground in a few minutes.
We ground drove through a row of round bales--too narrow for the sulky. And this time of year the fields begin to get a little monochromatic. The red canadian thistles (eek, tumbleweeds) are pretty against the barbed wire fence.

Attachments

• bales.jpg
    bales.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 0
  • roadside.jpg
    roadside.jpg
    921.9 KB · Views: 0
I planned to drive Billy in the sulky but he was obviously not going to cooperate. So we ground drove. He kicked up his heels, half-reared, trotted in place almost the whole way like a Lippazan. I was worn out. I think it was about 30 minutes but it felt like a lot more.
He might of been telling you how he felt about the new feeding routine LOL😂🤣
I sure that was not much fun

Latest posts

Back