Drivers its Friday check in

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Who did you drive last night and what did you accomplish?

Tweet and I worked on collection and a slightly dryer mud obstacle (which is now a piece of cake). I set my cones in one corner a little tighter to the arena panels to see if I could encourage her to collect that trot and OH MAN the collection she gave me was fall out of the cart GOOD!

One problem I need help with is, how do you immediately hug a harnessed horse? I was thinking of a back scratcher attached to my driving whip.

I'm very greatfull for the wonderful weather we are having high 70's.

So what did you do?

Yesterday I was working on training Dusty to drive. I had my mom walk him while I "drove" from the back with the reins. Hes been doing okay, just needs to get used to the bit.

Today I plan on Working more with Dusty, and with Chantilly I plan to work on her head set and maybe some obstacles.

Absolutely nothing YET!!!
sad.gif
Yesterday had the farrier come out and do trims, but had to go run errands most of the day and when hubby came home we were barn planning out on the property.
biggrin.gif
So here I am thinking that the break in the heat wave is going to last...cuz the weatherman said so
wacko.gif
and walk out this morning to another sauna!!!!
thumbdown.gif
So I feed them all and turn them out to pasture....we're expecting more storms today anyway. I think I'll hang up trying to drive this summer...maybe after August, the temps will be back to normal like it usually gets......I HOPE!!!!
517.gif

Glad to hear you and Tweet are enjoying yourselves!!! Are you prepping for a show?

Back