Driver's ED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hylights

Reaction score
The mini I got last october has gone to start her driving training,(with a pro!) I just love this little horse even more, she is proving to be sensible and a quick study, she passed lunging and has moved on to her longlining and ground driving, she is already so responsive to voice commands, by day 3 she had a really good whoa. Today I got to longline and ground drive her too
default_biggrin.png

HPIM0598.jpg

HPIM0597.jpg

HPIM0594.jpg

HPIM0591.jpg

HPIM0589.jpg

Now lets take it on the road!

HPIM0599.jpg

Now we wait and learn to stand quietly
default_smile.png

HPIM0600.jpg

Ok are we done yet?

HPIM0601.jpg

And last I promise, modeling the newest in "cool" black fly gear
default_saludando.gif

HPIM0602.jpg

Amy and Sassafras Lass

What a beautiful mare!!! You're going to have so much fun driving that pretty girl
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

Oh Amy, she looks great! What a pretty girl she's turning into now that she's recovering and filling out. Is that Robin Groves driving her or you?

I've got to ask- what's with the make-shift flash noseband and twine over the poll? Otherwise I think her equipment looks good too.

Leia

Edited to add: Ah, nevermind, I figured out the twine over the head. It's holding up the bit since she's in a halter! The leather fooled me into thinking she was bridled.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank-you Jill, Keri and Leia! I do feel like a proud Mommy
default_biggrin.png

Yes Leia you figured it out, she has baling twine flash and bit holder. Robyn wanted her to learn in an open bridle so she got to see everything but I couldn't find a mini sized bridle locally, so she had to makeshift it until one arrives. Sassy kept getting her tongue over the bit so the flash, but after the first picture where she was trying she did the rest of the lesson in a quiet mouth and the flash wasn't that tight, that's what impresses me so about her, once you show her what you want she tries it out then accepts it and moves on.

That's Robyn Cuffey driving her, and here Robyn is showing her the Eagle that her pair drives,it's not as impressive in the picture
default_wink.png

sassyrobyneagle.jpg

After Sassy's lesson I got to go with Robyn on a conditioning drive with her pair, and in the future I want a pair of big mini's to drive! Sassy's a 38" (but 39 at top of withers)

Robyn (she wrote the Essential Guide to Carriage Driving) just got her new book in "Equestrian's guide to Acadia National Park", and we talked about a few years ago when my standardbred and I went there with her, it was such a blast! I have always loved Acadia! But I never considered going with a mini, I wonder though why not if she's conditioned well? Or should I wait till I have a pair? Hmmm

Amy

Hehehe, go first with the single! They're easier to turn around on a trail than a pair.
default_wink.png
Driving is so much fun; it's easy to get hooked and find yourself with more carts than you know what to do with. You know you're really hooked when you start dreaming of a pair! (I got bit with that bug at the National Drive last fall. Now the idea won't leave me alone!)

Leia

What a Beautiful girl you have!!
default_yes.gif

I cant wait to see you hook her up...
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back