Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 minutes driving Midnight. Our weight loss program isn't working, so far. But she is lots of fun to drive!
Glad you are having fun with her. She sounds like she is turning out to be a good driving horse! Winter is such a hard time of year to be monitoring their weight! I was just thinking today that it will sure be nice when Spring gets here and I can clip mine to see what's really under all that hair! I was thinking if Annie was human she'd be asking "Does all this hair make my butt look big?" Me= "Why , yes, yes it does." 😂

An hour, give or take, ground driving Rowan in the woods today! Brisk and sunny day after yesterday's storm, lots of high water and he wanted to go in it every chance he got. If we ever make it to a CDE he'll have the water hazards covered!

Re: the hair, I could start a French braid at his withers and loop around his body from there! It'll be a surprise whatever emerges in the spring, for sure. His girth still fits though, so I think we're OK... 😂

35 minutes driving Rocko today.

His canter going left is good. Still working on the correct lead going right. Worked on backing through cones set up in a curve too. This little guy is coming along.😊

Backing through cones??!! Not even in my dreams...
2 1/2 hours driving Midnight today. We did a little cone work, too, going forward! I was a lot more tired than she was.
Wow you guys had a good drive today! Well, let me be more specific! lol I was only asking for a few steps at a time. When we got to the bend it got a little trickier because you are asking for a back and also a turn so there was some going forward a couple steps at times and backing again to work things out. Didn't do a whole lot today for his first time as I don't want to frustrate him. I was told to drive forward through the cones and when you get to the end, ask for a stand first and then start backing. It is a good exercise to work on the communication between us. I'm taking everything slow and we will be working on it for a while I'm sure. The trainer said for us to do walk trot canter transitions and then work on the backing briefly and then go do something else and then come back to it. So that's our plan. ;)

15 minutes driving Annie today.

Not sure what is going on with her. We walked around per usual for our warm-up and when I asked for a trot her gait felt really off and slow. Was hard to tell if she was limping while I was in the cart. I took her back and unhitched her and checked her feet thinking maybe she picked up a rock. She didn't want to lift up her right hind freely, so I'm thinking her left hind is what is bothering her. Then I remembered she had turned her head around and was nibbling on me when I cleaned her right foot before we hitched. I think she was trying to tell me something! I'll take her out tomorrow and see how she is.

15 minutes driving Annie today.

Not sure what is going on with her. We walked around per usual for our warm-up and when I asked for a trot her gait felt really off and slow. Was hard to tell if she was limping while I was in the cart. I took her back and unhitched her and checked her feet thinking maybe she picked up a rock. She didn't want to lift up her right hind freely, so I'm thinking her left hind is what is bothering her. Then I remembered she had turned her head around and was nibbling on me when I cleaned her right foot before we hitched. I think she was trying to tell me something! I'll take her out tomorrow and see how she is.
That's always a scary thing. Trying to discern a problem is so challenging. Our only concern is to help the horse.

I don't sit up straight either! I'm always hunched over. Today I was driving like Grandpa Walton, all curved over WITH MY WRISTS on my KNEES o_O but we got the job done, lol. My old instructor would've been unpleased. I was also "John Wayneing It" which was her term for slapping them on the rump with the reins to "get em goin'." If she knew that, she'd faint!

35 minutes in the sled for Cappy.

Latest posts

Back