Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60 minutes driving Annie today.

My husband was home working in the shop, music blaring, compressor going on and off and he was using a loud sander. Was good for us. She had a spook when we came back in from the training area and were circling the shop and the compressor suddenly blared, but it was easy to control her and just carry on. It was a good drive day. We are in for another record heat wave though.

20 minutes each for Cappy and Peanut ground driving obstacles. Thanks MC.

Compressors always make me jump, lol. Hubby uses them alot and I can never get used to them. I can sympathize with Annie!
You are so good to do all that ground work with your horses. I wish I were more disciplined and focused.

Sorry I've been absent on here. I just got all our hours caught up. We've had so many more drivers stick with us through the year this year. It's so much fun to see everyone's drives and progress.

I'm currently being faced with the reality that I need to seriously downsize my herd. I'm having some unexpected (aren't they always) health issues that isn't allowing me to do the things I want to do. Anyone in the market for minis :p ?

Anyway... I swear at some point I'm going to get back out there driving.

Sorry I've been absent on here. I just got all our hours caught up. We've had so many more drivers stick with us through the year this year. It's so much fun to see everyone's drives and progress.

I'm currently being faced with the reality that I need to seriously downsize my herd. I'm having some unexpected (aren't they always) health issues that isn't allowing me to do the things I want to do. Anyone in the market for minis :p ?

Anyway... I swear at some point I'm going to get back out there driving.
I wish I could take one of your nice horses, but two in my limit. I've been trying to think of someone who is looking for a driving horse, but unfortunately, the ones I can think of I can't recommend.
"health issue" always gives me a cold chill. Hope yours are temporary.
I wish I could take over your excel sheet for times, but I am excel-challenged and would make a mess of it.

My husband and I went driving Saturday for a few hours. We hadn't been out at all in August due to the heat. Where we live, there are very few people who drive. Someone took our Peanut's (real name Dynamite - don't like it) picture, we got thumbs up and we had someone stop to look at him. It was a good drive. I do have a question though. He whinnied a lot on the way out and a couple of times on the way back. Since we are relatively new drivers, is that acceptable behavior and if not, what do we do about it.

Finally got an official lesson with Perry. My husband came out and helped me while my baby was sleeping. This is his first step towards becoming a driving horse and he did so well. He's curious, independent, willing, and smart. I honestly think he'll make an exceptional driver. Here's to hoping I can get him there. I've never started one myself.

15 minutes ground driving Perry

Glad you were able to get out MC! Hope your health issues improve quickly. I can't imagine trying to juggle all that you do with a baby too. Thanks you so much for tracking our times. I really appreciate it. Keeps us motivated and also gives us a driving group for those that are lacking one in their area.

My husband and I went driving Saturday for a few hours. We hadn't been out at all in August due to the heat. Where we live, there are very few people who drive. Someone took our Peanut's (real name Dynamite - don't like it) picture, we got thumbs up and we had someone stop to look at him. It was a good drive. I do have a question though. He whinnied a lot on the way out and a couple of times on the way back. Since we are relatively new drivers, is that acceptable behavior and if not, what do we do about it.
He is just a little unsure being out by himself. He'll get better. Not to worry. You are doing great.

Finally got an official lesson with Perry. My husband came out and helped me while my baby was sleeping. This is his first step towards becoming a driving horse and he did so well. He's curious, independent, willing, and smart. I honestly think he'll make an exceptional driver. Here's to hoping I can get him there. I've never started one myself.

15 minutes ground driving Perry
Well, his mom is exceptional! Hard to believe he is getting that old.

Catching up Zorro's minutes today! We have had heavy smoke for the last two weeks and this last week it was so bad it was making my eyes hurt. So no driving last week. Yesterday we had a lovely heavy rain which helped clear up some of the smoke so I'm hopeful that will continue! I'm so looking forward to fall 🤗

9/12/20 Drove Zorro in the bike - 120 minutes
9/13/20 Drove Zorro in the bike - 120 minutes
9/14/20 Drove Zorro in the bike - 90 minutes

Latest posts

Back