Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
240 minutes driving Zorro with the bike on 8/21/20
240 minutes driving Zorro with the bike on 8/22/20
240 minutes driving Zorro with the bike on 8/23/20

25 minutes ground driving Rocko this morning.

Turns out he is sore from the event the other day. While lifting his feet this morning he did not want to put weight on his left back leg. He is using his leg fine (free lunged him in the round pen first to check) but may have a sore back or hip. Not sure what is going on. He wasn't going straight when we first started but got much better towards the end just walking and doing some wide sweeping turning to loosen him up. I have a message into a Chiropractor to see about getting him checked out. So no driving until we get this sorted out and he is pain free.

25 minutes ground driving Rocko this morning.

Turns out he is sore from the event the other day. While lifting his feet this morning he did not want to put weight on his left back leg. He is using his leg fine (free lunged him in the round pen first to check) but may have a sore back or hip. Not sure what is going on. He wasn't going straight when we first started but got much better towards the end just walking and doing some wide sweeping turning to loosen him up. I have a message into a Chiropractor to see about getting him checked out. So no driving until we get this sorted out and he is pain free.
Might give him a dose of banamine. Let us know what you find out.

Good idea on the banamine. The Chiropractor that was recommended got back to me and said he only comes to my area once a month and he'd let me know when that was going to be. Not really helpful right now. I called the equine body worker and she is coming out on Saturday. She said to keep him moving... free lunge or ground drive at a walk.

Good idea on the banamine. The Chiropractor that was recommended got back to me and said he only comes to my area once a month and he'd let me know when that was going to be. Not really helpful right now. I called the equine body worker and she is coming out on Saturday. She said to keep him moving... free lunge or ground drive at a walk.
I think moving is probably a good idea, with no circles and just walking. Don't think I would use a round pen or lunge in a circle right now. What is an equine body worker? How does that differ from chiropractor?

They do massage and stretching, getting them to release tension in their muscles. She is really gentle and will be able to check him all over and pinpoint any problems. She will also be able to let me know if he needs to see a chiropractor or is just sore. When I got Kriss Kross he had chronic pain in his poll and his neck was a mess from use of a tight overcheck. She did wonders with him.

9/1/20 Drove Zorro in the bike - 90 minutes
9/2/20 Ground Drove Zorro - 45 minutes. We thoroughly tested the new boots, going in the water then going cross country across sage bushes and wading through weeds!

Sorry! The above post is me obviously. For some reason I was booted off when I posted it!

How is Rocko today?
Sorry Cayuse I didn't see this for some reason. Thanks for asking! Today he seems fine, but I am still waiting to drive him again until the equine body worker gets her hands on him tomorrow. When she works on a horse it's kind of looks like acupressure with her fingers. You will see them resisting with a tight muscle and then a big release. She also uses some red light therapy too. I have no idea how that works, but she used it on our friend's sore hand and the pain left and she is the type to tell you straight up how it is.

Latest posts

Back