Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time is caught up. Some of you are driving so much it's really putting my math skills to the test! I can't believe we're into the 3rd quarter of 2020. This year has crawled by because of Covid but flown by at the same time.

Hopeful I'll have some times to put down soon. The weather is driving friendly in the evenings...now I just need to get out there.

45 minutes driving Annie this morning.

My little buddy drove Rocko and didn't want to trade as Annie was full of herself, but eventually settled down. She is a lot bigger and stronger with a much longer stride than Rocko so she covers a lot more ground and you really have to stay on top of her because she is so forward. Fun to drive but not as relaxing as the Rock!

15 minutes ground driving Peanut and 20ish for Cappy.
Time has also been warped here MC.
Time is caught up. Some of you are driving so much it's really putting my math skills to the test! I can't believe we're into the 3rd quarter of 2020. This year has crawled by because of Covid but flown by at the same time.

Hopeful I'll have some times to put down soon. The weather is driving friendly in the evenings...now I just need to get out there.

15 minute for Cappy and 15 for Peanut, both ground driving on Saturday. It was hot.
Willow, shorter sessions sound good, he's had a lot of changes in his life and is probably just adjusting mentally and physically. How old is he? I forget!

Ground drove Rebel and Fancy yesterday! Rebel got ground driven for about 15 minutes, and Fancy ground drove for 30 minutes. I didn’t work on a ton because of the heat but it’s better than nothing! I’ll be starting Rebel in the cart very soon :) she’s doing fantastic and nothing has fazed her at all since I started with her driving training

my boss who I train minis for also just got a two mini wagon! It will be a long time till Rebel and Fancy will be driving together, but in the meantime I’ll be learning how to drive a two mini wagon since it’s a bit different than a one mini cart. If you guys have any tips, articles, or videos about that, I’d love to see them!

15 minute for Cappy and 15 for Peanut, both ground driving on Saturday. It was hot.
Willow, shorter sessions sound good, he's had a lot of changes in his life and is probably just adjusting mentally and physically. How old is he? I forget!
He is 4 years old and he only had a month of driving training when I got him which I forget because he is so smart! Going to try and keep our driving sessions to 30 minutes or so. I ground drove him today and we did go over that but we were at the walk and worked on backing and standing a lot too so it was easy work.

Thank you for logging all our times! I was on a mission to drive as much as I could while our weather was good. It's getting really hot again here.
I've been considering driving in the evenings sometimes too, but haven't done it yet.

30 minutes driving Annie.

Since I've been working her more she has built a lot of muscle and is much stronger so she can really move (and that's what she wants to do on her own terms) so we are working on speed control and transitions. She is a very forward horse!
She wasn't fit when I got her so she has really changed.

Just so you know.. I don't have my minis any more. Dottie went back to her owner and Maddy stayed as companion to my friend's horse after I moved my riding pony. Neither driving at the moment which seems a shame but hey it's 2020. The riding pony is loving her life doing western stuff with a little lad and I have a 13.2 ride and drive cob x trotter who takes the same girth as a 16.2 ... Should stay all day :)

That's too bad that the minis left. But honestly (and I love my minis dearly) a 13.2 had cob sounds wonderful. I used to ride ponies that sized and have half-heartedly been looking for another. I'll probably never get one, but it doesn't hurt to dream.

July 30, 2020
ground drove Rebel for 30 minutes and ground drove Fancy for 20 minutes. Fancy still needs a lot more work with vocal cues so I might take a step back and work more with groundwork before seriously getting into driving with her. She’s definitely more stubborn than Rebel, but she was barely handled before I started working with her so I understand why. She’s getting a lot better with groundwork though, she can now walk, trot, and stop with me at any speed without me having to touch/pull on her lead rope. She can understand body language super well but now we need to connect that with vocal cues XD

45 minutes driving Rocko today.

My husband drove Annie and was amazed at the difference in her responsiveness to transitions. I worked on standing for a little bit with Rocko while we watched Annie show off in the training area which sure took the monotany out of standing!

Latest posts

Back