Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving Zorro in the bike:
7/6/20 - 120 minutes, walking most of a 4 mile drive
7/7/20 - 100 minutes, walking/trotting the 4 mile drive!

We are going camping tomorrow for the weekend, Zorro and I, so we will get some great driving in while we are in the mountains. I am looking forward to being far away from cell service 🤗

90 minutes driving Annie
30 minutes driving Rocko

My new mini friends brought their horses here today and we had so much fun driving together! One was a stallion and that got Annie excited, but she still did good. Rocko took everything in stride. Proud of both of them!

Zorro and I had a great camping/driving trip with my friend Molly and her minis. Her dark mare is Zorro's half sister, same sire. I will share the blog post here as well as post my times!

7/10/20 - 226 minutes driving on the trails. We did 12 fairly difficult miles on this day. Lots of mountain climbing! Neither Molly or myself had to get out of the bike for any of this, except when we had to navigate around a locked pipe gate. Thank goodness for the hyperbike!
7/11/20 - 205 minutes driving on the trails. We did 10 miles on this day. These were easier miles because Molly was driving her smaller mare and we didn't want to over face her. She did great!

Blog Post!
Camping/Driving Trip with Molly!

IMG_3499 2.jpg

35 minutes driving Rocko today.

We worked on transitions and doing serpentine cones. He needs to learn how to bend his body. His belly band had been on the last hole and was tight, and today still on the last hole, but comfortable. I've been lunging him, working on transitions when we aren't driving. Still has a way to go with fitness but was pleased to see that small change already.

30 minutes driving Annie &
30 minutes driving Rocko today

My little buddy and I drove for an hour, switching horses half way through. I asked her who she likes driving better and she said she can't decide. Really glad she doesn't have a preference because I like them getting used to various drivers.

30 minutes driving Rebel on July 16, 2020
35 minutes driving Rebel today, July 19, 2020
Fancy also got the harness put on her and lunged with it on, but she still needs some more groundwork before I start seriously working on ground driving with her.

Rebel went to her new home last week, and she’s doing great! She’s getting used to her new buddy (Fancy)

40 minutes ground driving Rocko today.

I wanted to drive him but I needed to do a workout for myself!

I am trying to drive him as much as I can with that belly band being on the last hole and not being able to feel his ribs. I was thinking when he loses weight I wouldn't need to get him a larger belly band, but then today I was thinking even if he lost weight he would probably still need a larger size when he gets his winter coat.

45 minutes driving Rocko today.

He did so well trotting the serpentine today. He is learning to use his body correctly. We also had a rabbit jump out right in front of his nose and he jumped but settled immediately. He has a really good mind. Helps that rabbits are always running away though!

40 minutes driving Rocko today.

My friend drove Annie and she was testing her to see if she could get away with anything. But nope!

Kriss has moved himself up a notch in the herd and gave Rocko a little cut right above his eye. 😠

Latest posts

Back