Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30 minutes tonight, and I realized after I was done that I only made Right turns lol I'll have to go Left next time. 😁
Isn't it funny how we seem to go the same direction? When I am on the road, I'm inclined to always turn left, as I'm a "car". I have to consciously move over to the left side of the road and make right turns sometimes.

Over the past few days I’ve grown driven Rebel for about 3 hours. I also attached the travois for the very first time and she could completely care less! I can’t wait to start driving her soon. I’m selling her to a family friend here soon, but I will continue to work with her after that

40 minutes driving Annie today.

I had hired a woman to help me work with my gelding and we have come to the conclusion that he needs to be retired from driving. Now she is going to be helping me to bring Annie along and teach me more about driving as she is more advanced. She shows her horse prelim where I am still training level. Excited to be going to a CDE here tomorrow to see what I can learn. (As a spectator.) I need to get back into volunteering too.

60 min for Candace while camping. The roads were really steep up and down so not as much driving as I would have liked. Second day was sooo windy.

Candace and Blue both did over 3 hours of "pony rides" each day though!! They are awesome little horses. They also got their manes and tails braided by the kids and ended up wearing bracelets the kids made them.

I had hired a woman to help me work with my gelding and we have come to the conclusion that he needs to be retired from driving. Now she is going to be helping me to bring Annie along and teach me more about driving as she is more advanced. She shows her horse prelim where I am still training level. Excited to be going to a CDE here tomorrow to see what I can learn. (As a spectator.) I need to get back into volunteering too.
That is a hard decision to make to retire him; I'm glad you had some advise to help with the decision.

I've never been to a CDE! I'd really like to some day.

Sorry to hear about your gelding's retirement.

45 minutes driving Annie today.

Thank you Cayuse. He went crazy while she was ground driving him, walking behind the cart flipped it and ended up biting clear through his lip. Vet & stitches, the whole nine yards. I can't believe I drove him for 2 years around here. Would blow up if I took him anywhere but started that here when Annie came on the scene. It's not pain. It's all in his mind.

Wow, you made the right decision. I'm glad you weren't driving him. I hope the little guy is OK. I have a cart flipper. I don't know what his issue is, never could figure it out. He is sane in every other way and a happy pony. But he said "no" to driving loud and clear.

He's healed up pretty well although the stitches are still there and you can't see it just looking at him. It's been 3 weeks since it happened, I just wasn't ready to talk about it. But he is happy to have no more pressure and I'm glad he didn't hurt anybody else.

Latest posts

Back