Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
60 minutes driving Annie this morning.

My friend came by so I asked her to drive the golf cart around Annie while I was driving her and Annie did really well. She was so focused on that cart that when a jackrabbit jumped out in front of her she just quickened her trot slightly. No real spook at all!

Almost forgot to record 25 ground driving minutes for Joey and 15 ground driving minutes for Coady. Tried driving Coady in a halter (different one than I had tried before) with good results. Still shopping for a new driving critter though. Went to see two this past weekend...one was nutty and I can’t believe that they were selling him as ‘trained to drive’. The other was a sweet little guy and I would’ve loved to buy him to get him out of a rough situation, but he had some issues with his right hind fetlock and I didn’t want to take a chance on having constant lameness issues 😞 As much as I would love to, I can’t rescue them all. I need something sound and healthy to drive.

Almost forgot to record 25 ground driving minutes for Joey and 15 ground driving minutes for Coady. Tried driving Coady in a halter (different one than I had tried before) with good results. Still shopping for a new driving critter though. Went to see two this past weekend...one was nutty and I can’t believe that they were selling him as ‘trained to drive’. The other was a sweet little guy and I would’ve loved to buy him to get him out of a rough situation, but he had some issues with his right hind fetlock and I didn’t want to take a chance on having constant lameness issues 😞 As much as I would love to, I can’t rescue them all. I need something sound and healthy to drive.
It's hard not to try and save them. We have to be strong.

45 minutes driving Annie yesterday.

She had one area where she spooked and I have no idea what it was and she tried to rush by on the way back, so back and forth we went until she settled down and could stand in that spot. My little buddy drove her for a while too so she got a really good workout. I say little, she is small but just turned 13. I remember her getting to know me in years past while she bopped me in the head with a stuffed animal she carried around. Time is flying!

A group drive would be so much fun. How far will you go? All littles, or some biggies, too?
2 weeks ago we did 6 miles and then yesterday we drove 12 miles! This is a very fun group. My friend Molly and I are the only ones with ponies. Everyone else drives drafts, mules, fjords or Morgans. People also ride along as out riders.

6/13/20 - 105 minutes driving Zorro in the bike
6/18/20 - 120 minutes driving Zorro in the bike
6/19/20 - 90 minutes driving Zorro in the bike
6/20/20 - 240 minutes driving Zorro in the bike ( we did 12 miles with our club yesterday!)

IMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_3056.jpg

All caught up. 114h 35m total combined driving/ground driving for the group this quarter with a week to go still!

Heading camping with 2 (maybe 3) minis this weekend so hopefully I'll come home with a bunch of time to add.

Mindy I wish there were more drivers around here to do a group drive. I may have to look into starting a driving club in my area since there isn't one...

Last edited:
Mindy it looks like it was chilly on your drive. We had a heat wave!

MajorClem I hope you have a fun trip.

17 minutes for Peanut and 15 for Cappy, both ground driving. Did some obstacles.

Man! I really slacked on my driving last year. The tires in my cart went flat about halfway through the summer and I didn't get them fixed until just last week. We put solid tubes in them so no flat tire ever now!

I did ground drive 2 or 3 hours so far this year. And I finally got back into my cart last Saturday! Did a whole hour. Wasnt going to go that long in her first time hitched up again but I lost track of time, it was so nice to be back. Miss May seemed happy to be back too, she wanted to zoom!

Latest posts

Back