Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I use Mag-restore. I agree about the shipping. I tried Quiessence which is Mg with other stuff and I really didn't like the way the mini's responded to it so I went back to the Mag-restore. How much do you use for Kriss? My minis get about a half a teaspoon more or less. That is about the dose I notice a change with. I think with Peanut, more might be indicated.
Ani-med carries a magnesium product that is really inexpensive, but it's a poweder and I'm not too sure if mine would eat that. Pretty sure it's made by Ani-med. I'll have to check.
I also use Remission for their feet and that has some Mg in it but I never noticed a difference in their attitude/body comfort with it. Good for feet though :)

25 minutes today ground driving Mr. Peanut :)!

Yes, I use Mag-restore. I agree about the shipping. I tried Quiessence which is Mg with other stuff and I really didn't like the way the mini's responded to it so I went back to the Mag-restore. How much do you use for Kriss? My minis get about a half a teaspoon more or less. That is about the dose I notice a change with. I think with Peanut, more might be indicated.
Ani-med carries a magnesium product that is really inexpensive, but it's a poweder and I'm not too sure if mine would eat that. Pretty sure it's made by Ani-med. I'll have to check.
I also use Remission for their feet and that has some Mg in it but I never noticed a difference in their attitude/body comfort with it. Good for feet though :)

25 minutes today ground driving Mr. Peanut :)!
The woman from Performance Equine suggested I use 1/2 of the little scoop provided twice a day, morn & evening for Kriss. You answered my other question, as I was looking at Quiessence, because it said it is also good for horses who were prone to founder so I thought I could give it to him and then it might be good for Annie (because I was told she had a slight founder in the past) but couldn't seem to pull the trigger.

I do use the powder form of the Mag-Restore. I just dampen his supplement and mix it in. I don't know why I chose that, but it may have been because Kriss is a really picky eater and I might have been worried about purchasing something he wouldn't eat.

I better catch up!

On 4/30/20 I ground drove Zorro for 60 minutes. Ponied Sky along behind!
Today, 5/2/20 I drove Zorro in the bike for 120 minutes. It was a beautiful afternoon for a long drive!

I ground drove Hershey a half hour yesterday as a refresher and it was like he hadn’t missed a day. I ground drove Tumbleweed an hour yesterday and an hour and a half today. I was wanting to get them hitched to the wagon today just to get things adjusted but it was looking like rain and I had other chores to get done. I’m hoping to get them hitched and driving in the next week or two if the weather cooperates.

Drove Annie for 60 minutes today.

Thank you MC for all the work you put into tracking us! My mare gets a lot more driving in than is recorded because I got my husband into driving, so now I gotta share, but I got her all to myself today. :)

I can’t believe that I forgot to post this, but Rosie got her first ground driving lesson on April 18 for 15 minutes. With her crooked hind legs I don’t intend to actually drive her, but I think ground driving would be good for her mind.

15 minutes ground driving Little Joe on the 5th. He is the other mini that belongs to the boarding barn (he and Eve both belong to them) I taught the little guy to drive back in 2018, but he only got driven a handful of times last year so I’m tuning the little dude up. Very smart boy; he remembered all of the voice commands. I was very impressed! If this rain lets up I hope to keep working with him.

I’m hoping to ground drive Coady again soon but it’s been so windy here. He’s high strung as it is and he has been very spooky since the accident last year. I don’t see any point in trying to work him in the wind and set the little guy up to fail. Eve has some time off until Henry gets a little older. :)

Latest posts

Back