Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loosing hair here, too. I can't wait to get the clippers warmed up and ready to go. Shedding around here takes about an hour and a half when I set my mind to it :D.
Cappy, gave himself a complete mini mask!
I'm just starting to see the first signs of shedding here. Can't wait till it's warm enough for baths!

Phew! I am so slow to updating this. I was gone last weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday which put me behind in work (and wore me out! LOL!) so I've been playing catch up...

Feb 28th Zorro and I did 180 minutes in the bike
March 1st Zorro and I did 180 minutes in the bike!

It was a fantastic clinic! I wrote about it on my blog :)

2/26: 40 minutes of ground driving for Teddy
2/28: 30 minutes for the team Massai/Moony
2/29: 70 minutes for Massai, and 50 minutes for Moony
3/1: 30 minutes for Teddy/Moony

@MindySchroder I've read your blogpost about the clinic - it sounds amazing! Keep going on, that issues he has with the bit will disappear. We had the same problem and I've tried SO many different bits because I thought it was the bit type he didn't like. He's now okay with every kind of bit - I think, time and "fair using" of the lines has cured this.

Last edited:
20 minutes ground driving Peanut. Footing was very slick.

I will be glad when I can repair my driving areas (as much as I can) from the mess made from the septic installation. They are supposed to be finished by Weds.
It's been a long, messy, muddy project.

20 minutes ground driving Peanut. Footing was very slick.

I will be glad when I can repair my driving areas (as much as I can) from the mess made from the septic installation. They are supposed to be finished by Weds.
It's been a long, messy, muddy project.
Good for you on getting out there despite the mess. I am still out of it with this cold. Annie was starting to get fit and now she's been standing around. My husband likes to drive her but doesn't do it if I'm not driving. He gets busy doing other things...tilling a spot for melons at the moment.
Does your husband drive on his own or just if you initiate it?

My husband will drive alone once in awhile but only if I am around the barn. He'll mention "it's a good day to drive Cappy" and he will get him harnessed and hitched, but I am always lurking around, lol. Not sure if I trust them both out alone. Heck, I don't even trust myself to go out and drive alone! It seems like the few times I have tried to take one of them out with no help around, I have gotten into a position where I can't get a buckle undone (i have arthritis in my hands). When I was using my biothane harness I got it stuck on Peanut once or twice and had to pull the harness over in order to get leverage to undo the girth. Not apprectiated by Peanut :eek:. Once I got the traces stuck on the singletree :(. This is why I went back to leather harnesses :) it makes life easier.
Hope your cold is gone soon, a couple more days off won't hurt Annie. You will get her fit.

Finally! It's been a long time since I have had Zorro out. And all the time off was great for him!

We walked, I ground drove him 3 miles in 60 minutes today. Now he is standing tied and practicing being bored for a little bit while I eat lunch. Then I'll give him a good long grooming and put him up.

He was wonderful on the walk. I asked him to climb up on rocks so I could take his picture. He thought he might die but stood nicely once he got up there. In this photo I think he is saying "please don't die, please don't die."
IMG_1513.jpg
IMG_1524 2.jpg
Then he got a little more confident and looked around a bit!

Then we found a skinny long mud puddle. After a few times of him walking back and forth across it he understood that I wanted him to put his FEET in it and he willingly walked into the puddle and then walked down it.

He is such a fun boy! And he power walked away from home and then power walked back home. Certainly walked my butt off!

I"ve had mine out walking also. Finally was able to get the mud off both of them today. I had to use the air compressor as the grime on their backs was down to the skin. We are due for a few nice days so hopefully I can get Midnight into harness.
Mindy, Dapper Dan loves to climb on rocks. We live by a little mountain and I've taken him up quite a ways. Not sure how he would do now, with being older, but he used to enjoy it. Midnight has to be persuaded to go on the rocks. Maybe she doesn't trust her footing.

Back