Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still laid up from led surgery back in November. but hopefully i'll be back on both feet in 6 weeks or so. I didn't get to far last befor I started having problems with an old leg wound so mabe I'll have better luck this year.

Wishing you all the luck in the world! I wash heart broken when my surgeon told me 6 month from surgery to working with my horse. :(
Hopefully the time will fly by and you'll be back to it before you know it!
Sharing a picture of Missy in her Winter woolies. First visit since my surgery last month. Miss her tons!
20200119_151006.jpg

I'm not healthy, but I don't have the kind of issues that come with surgery. I wish you all a speedy recovery! My little guy is in the attached garage, so I don't have to go far to see him. I hope everyone is back up and running soon, spring is just around the corner! My prayers are with you!

60 minutes driving Zorro tonight. I ponied Sky and we went 3 miles. On our way back home we were trotting along when Sky came trotting up beside the bike and started leaping and bucking around. LOL! It surprised me! Zorro thought that looked like a great idea so we had to come back down to a walk for a few minutes. :p These two make me laugh all the time!!

Zorro and I did 45 minutes of ground driving/long lining today. We would walk a lap on the track then work on trotting and cantering in the "arena" that I have mowed out there. Then we would walk a lap and work in the arena.

We have a clinic at the end of February and I want him to be in shape for it!IMG_0531.jpg

1/23: 20 minutes for the team Moony/Teddy
1/24: 30 minutes for the team Moony/Teddy
1/25: 60 minutes of ground driving for Moony

Haven't had much time for driving the last 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Glad you are back, Northwolf. I've been curious how your reactive Moony was doing.
Thanks! He's doing very good, not as reactive as he was in the beginning. Sometimes, he's freezing, but it can be handled well.

Happy 2020 everyone! Here's the official hours thread for anyone who wants to join us. I'm working on getting 2019 hours totaled and we've got a few surprises for our little group once I get caught up. Happy driving in 2020, looking forward to sharing adventures!

Hi, new to this. So is this where I start sharing little achievements for 2020 with my 2 yo? We've started our ground driving lessons.

Hi, new to this. So is this where I start sharing little achievements for 2020 with my 2 yo? We've started our ground driving lessons.

Yes and Welcome! You post your driving/ground driving time on this thread and you can post longer stories of your achievements/struggles/daily driving adventures on the "Your Driving Day" thread. When posting here please be sure to put the name of your horse and the amount of time you were driving or ground driving your horse. I keep track of time on a spreadsheet and we all inspire and enjoy each other. Welcome again!!!

Wow! You guys are off to an amazing start to 2020. You're all much more dedicated than I am because I look at your pictures of the freezing cold weather and it makes me shiver just thinking about going out. On the up side, when the ground is covered in snow you get really clean horses and really pretty pictures. Still not enough to get me out IN the snow but...

Got the new spreadsheet up, let me know if you can see it :)
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0n0IgWmiWfbnWjus5pDvtO8gw#2019_4th_Quarter_copy

Wow! You guys are off to an amazing start to 2020. You're all much more dedicated than I am because I look at your pictures of the freezing cold weather and it makes me shiver just thinking about going out. On the up side, when the ground is covered in snow you get really clean horses and really pretty pictures. Still not enough to get me out IN the snow but...

Got the new spreadsheet up, let me know if you can see it :)
https://www.icloud.com/numbers/0n0IgWmiWfbnWjus5pDvtO8gw#2019_4th_Quarter_copy
MC, Looks great! Awesome job. Thank you so much!!! I'm with you on the fair weather driving. :)

Annie = 40 mins / ground driving

Doing a lot better at the stand. Attentive but not anxious about the cows. Hoping things go smoothly at the play day tommorow!
Great news about the cows! Good luck at the play day and let us know how it goes. There are clubs around here that do play days, but I've never gone to one.

Need to share my last two drives here. I've been writing everything down on my calendar as well. This has been a very hard month for my family as we lost my grandfather two weeks ago. He was very sick with pneumonia and couldn't recover. It's been a hard thing to accept. He has been a central part of my life for my entire life. So sad.

1/30 - ground drove Zorro on the track for 45 minutes. We were working on transitions from walk to trot to walk to trot as he sometimes doesn't want to come back to the walk when driving with the bike. I wanted to make sure he understood my voice command. He does. He just likes to ignore me sometimes. Sigh.

1/31 - drove Zorro with the bike on the track, 30 minutes. We practiced transitions from walk to trot and trot to walk. He did pretty well. Ignoring me only half the time :rolleyes: Sometimes he is such a stinker!

Latest posts

Back