Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have not enough snow for the sled and too much ice for the cart :-( so I have not driven for awhile.
My septic system failed and the new one is going out in my driving area! :mad: It is the only place that they can put the leach field. Humbug.

We have not enough snow for the sled and too much ice for the cart :-( so I have not driven for awhile.
My septic system failed and the new one is going out in my driving area! :mad: It is the only place that they can put the leach field. Humbug.
I feel for you! It can be really frustrating when conditions prevent you from driving. I say this as it is raining so hard here this morning and there is much more forcasted in the weeks to come. It will be a mess out here too.

You just made me look on the bright side :)! Thankfully it didn't back up into the house, we discovered it was failing before any damage to the house was done. The only damage done was to my driving area on
wednesday, they had to dig four huge holes to be able to find a spot for the leach field to go.
I am so sorry about your septic problem. I hope it didn't damage your home,or furniture.Remediation is not fun. I hope they are able to work quickly.
I was going to ground drive today but the snow melted and refroze into ice. I am hoping for some snow :D so I can sled with Cappy.

I forgot to mention.. i did 2 hay runs on Weds and 2 on Friday, that's about 2 hours altogether for Maddy and Dottie.. Maddy did most of the pulling, she's much more sensitve than Dottie and reacts when i try and get Dottie to step up, by pulling harder! Maddy is also stronger and fitter.

You just made me look on the bright side :)! Thankfully it didn't back up into the house, we discovered it was failing before any damage to the house was done. The only damage done was to my driving area on
wednesday, they had to dig four huge holes to be able to find a spot for the leach field to go.

I was going to ground drive today but the snow melted and refroze into ice. I am hoping for some snow :D so I can sled with Cappy.
I am so glad it din't hit the house! Soon you will be back driving again.Still a pain in the rear to deal with.

Zorro and I did 3 miles in 60 minutes today! We ponied Sky too. It started out sunshiny and cold and then got windy and cold on the way back. LOL. So I froze even with hand warmers!

Annie = 45 mins / ground driving

I got the new crown piece for her bridle and the side check I ordered from Chimicum, which I attached today and it worked perfectly! We had a wonderful time with no more diving for grass every 2 feet! Game changer for us. And no spooking at the cows. We are making progress.

Hi everyone! :) May I join the challenge again? It's the same team as last year; my three minis Massai, Moony and Teddy. We are driving several types of hitchings: single, team, 3-in-hand, tandem, unicorn, maybe 4-in-hand.

I have a few hours from the beginning of the year. I logged the hours anyway:

1/3/20: 40 minutes for Massai, 50 minutes for the team Moony/Teddy
1/4/20: 60 minutes for Massai, 60 minutes for Moony
1/5/20: 50 minutes for Teddy
1/9/20: 30 minutes for Massai
1/10/20: 30 minutes for the team Teddy/Moony
1/11/20: 60 minutes for the team Teddy/Moony (driving lesson)
1/12/20: 50 minutes for Moony, 60 minutes for Teddy

We are currently driving reduced. We found out Massai was too hard-working lately and the other two guys are chilling meanwhile :mad: so I decided to drive him only single hitched and not in the team next time to not ask too much, so the other ones can learn how to work more diligent and be better team workers. It seems to be very successful and I'm hopefully will integrate Massai newly to team in a few weeks.

Zorro and I made it out today. We had a beautiful snow fall this morning and then sun came out this afternoon! I couldn't resist because the wind was NOT blowing.

We did 4 miles in 105 minutes, because we mostly walked. My goal was to walk the entire thing but he really wanted to trot in the middle of the drive so I let him :)
82788009_10219579857718699_6851769414732218368_n.jpg
82838342_10219579859238737_7286844976137240576_n.jpg

23 minutes ground driving. 17 minutes driving. 2.31 miles.
We ground drove in the sulky the first mile and then I got in and drove the rest. I tried to walk her more while driving, but she was pretty feisty, so we ended up trotting most of the way. If we had gone another mile she would have walked fine, but it is cold and windy here so we didn't go farther. I really think she is a natural driving horse. She is getting more responsive on pressure and transitions. Her stride is so long, the vehicle just glides along.

I am still laid up from led surgery back in November. but hopefully i'll be back on both feet in 6 weeks or so. I didn't get to far last befor I started having problems with an old leg wound so mabe I'll have better luck this year.
If one has to be laid up, winter is the time to do it. Hope you will be "horsing around" again soon.

Latest posts

Back