Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mindy, I don't envy the cold weather you have there, but after lots of rain here it is so green and ground driving is horrendous with my Annie as she dives for grass. I could use a 2x4 on her bum and it would have no effect! You just sent in an order for a new crown piece with the check rings for my Comfy Fit Bridle, which I'll use for ground driving. (Lynn) Thank you! She has been really good about it while driving but the grass is still pretty short. We are new to each other and she is green so still working on lots of stuff.

Love your pictures!

Major Clem,
I am joining the group this year! Thank you in advance for having me.

Jan 1, 2020
Kriss Kross = 45 mins / driving
Annie = 30 mins / driving

Jan 1, 2020

Yay!! I'm so glad to see you here :)

Zorro and I did 75 minutes of ground driving today. We didn't go very far but we did LOTS of transitions, walk to whoa to back up and circles. Circles to the right, circles to the left. Just a nice refresher before I hitch him to the bike!
IMG_0250.jpg

And he was a unicorn today....
IMG_0252 2.jpg

Mindy, I don't envy the cold weather you have there, but after lots of rain here it is so green and ground driving is horrendous with my Annie as she dives for grass. I could use a 2x4 on her bum and it would have no effect! You just sent in an order for a new crown piece with the check rings for my Comfy Fit Bridle, which I'll use for ground driving. (Lynn) Thank you! She has been really good about it while driving but the grass is still pretty short. We are new to each other and she is green so still working on lots of stuff.

Love your pictures!

Major Clem,

Jan 1, 2020

We delivered 3 bales of hay. Slight kerfuffle with Dottie shying at a bus while we waited at a give-way. She pushed Maddy onto the grass verge. Maddy started eating and 2 bales fell off. Someone gave me a hand and we set off.. arrived at my friend's house with the hay.. but forgot keys! They were out so i left hay on driveway and we toddled off for a little drive.. couple of miles tops. Had to cycle back with keys to put hay away as it looked like rain. About 30 minutes driving

Are the hours for me and Missy as a team or does someone else driving her count?

We log the hours that you drive. So any time you are hitched up and in control of the lines (even if you stop for a chat with a neighbor for 30 min but are hitched and in the cart) you log driving time. We also keep track of ground driving. Any version of ground driving counts. As long as you are in control of the horse. They don't have to be in full harness or anything. Welcome to the driving group!!

Welcome to Willow Flats as well!!

I'll get a spreadsheet up soon and send everyone the link so you can all look at it whenever. When you post please note which horse you drove if you have more than one, and how long you drove for. Thanks!!!

1/5/20
I drove Annie today for an hour and the weather was so beautiful!
She did great. We also worked on backing and the stand. I am keeping track of the number of drives we have on her which helps me remember how new she is to driving and I can celebrate the progress she is making. (This was drive #30, which isn't a whole lot!) My husband drove Kriss the one that is really attached to me and was throwing fits when I drove Annie, but he did really well today. He held it together but was really sweaty when he got back in!

Just a heads up, I posted last years total driving hours in the 2019 driving thread :)

Also a question as I start logging hours in 2020...

Do we want to still log ground driving and driving separate or just post how much "driving time" we had without separating the two?

I am happy to do it whichever way you guys want. I'm just setting up this year's spreadsheet and wasn't sure if you cared to know how much you spent driving vs. ground driving or if any time spent on any form of driving is what we're going for. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just a heads up, I posted last years total driving hours in the 2019 driving thread :)

Do we want to still log ground driving and driving separate or just post how much "driving time" we had without separating the two?

I am happy to do it whichever way you guys want. I'm just setting up this year's spreadsheet and wasn't sure if you cared to know how much you spent driving vs. ground driving or if any time spent on any form of driving is what we're going for. Thanks!
You are a true heroine! Thank you so much for doing this. I would help, but I am "spread sheet challenged".
I like ground driving and hitched driving separate.
I think teams are special and need a separate time.

1/07/20
Kriss = 30 mins / driving
Annie = 30 mins / ground driving

I've been working on these two going out together and I think Kriss is finally accepted that he is going to have to share me. I've been teaching my friend's 12 year old daughter to drive. She doesn't have her own horse but started competing in Western Dressage with a lesson horse so anytime she can do anything horsey she is game. She came over today and drove Kriss while I ground drove Annie and then we switched, so we each had 30 mins of exercise ourselves. We kept passing each other and Kriss did fine in the lead or following. Yay!

Whatever is easiest for you, though I know there are people that can only ground drive right now and may like having their own category :) I do love that you put the total amount of driving hours up on the other thread! Thank you for doing this for us!

Zorro and I drove 2 miles in 60 minutes today, ground driving. It is SUPER windy and I hate to sit in the cart when it's this windy because I get so COLD. So at least I can stay warm by walking along with him! He was full of energy, snaking his head around and leaping for joy. When the neighbor horses did a little energetic gallop around Zorro thought maybe he should do that too! So I was a little relieved to NOT have the cart attached :D

IMG_0311.jpg

Latest posts

Back