Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weekend drives:

friday, 2/7: 30 minutes for Massai (he's finally back to the cart after 1 month of break!) (2.5 miles)
saturday, 2/8: 40 minutes for the team Teddy&Moony (3.5 miles)
sunday, 2/9: 55 minutes for the team Teddy&Moony (4 miles)

I just read your post
Need to share my last two drives here. I've been writing everything down on my calendar as well. This has been a very hard month for my family as we lost my grandfather two weeks ago. He was very sick with pneumonia and couldn't recover. It's been a hard thing to accept. He has been a central part of my life for my entire life. So sad.

1/30 - ground drove Zorro on the track for 45 minutes. We were working on transitions from walk to trot to walk to trot as he sometimes doesn't want to come back to the walk when driving with the bike. I wanted to make sure he understood my voice command. He does. He just likes to ignore me some
Need to share my last two drives here. I've been writing everything down on my calendar as well. This has been a very hard month for my family as we lost my grandfather two weeks ago. He was very sick with pneumonia and couldn't recover. It's been a hard thing to accept. He has been a central part of my life for my entire life. So sad.

1/30 - ground drove Zorro on the track for 45 minutes. We were working on transitions from walk to trot to walk to trot as he sometimes doesn't want to come back to the walk when driving with the bike. I wanted to make sure he understood my voice command. He does. He just likes to ignore me sometimes. Sigh.

1/31 - drove Zorro with the bike on the track, 30 minutes. We practiced transitions from walk to trot and trot to walk. He did pretty well. Ignoring me only half the time :rolleyes: Sometimes he is such a stinker!
Mindy, and I am so sorry you lost someone you loved.Grief is the worst part of life. My prayers are with you!

Drove Annie for 40 minutes today. This was our 34th drive and she is coming along nicely!

Drove Kriss Kross for 15 minutes. He is either in pain or having anxiety like he has in the past. He was out of his mind dangerous, rearing and bucking and jigging, just going crazy. I took him out alone so it isn't Annie. :-(

Hey there everyone! I wanted to start this last year, but only managed to get around to it now. I started driving my mini around September last year, and I absolutely love it! Luckily she had already been trained to drive before I got her so it was pretty easy to start with her. This weekend I went to a show and drove her for the very first time in a different arena, as well as competed in our very first show, where we got 2nd! She was great through all of it, even though she was super sassy for all of her other events XD

In total I ground drove Jessica for about 30 minutes, and drove in the cart for about 15 minutes.

Drove Annie for 40 minutes today. This was our 34th drive and she is coming along nicely!

Drove Kriss Kross for 15 minutes. He is either in pain or having anxiety like he has in the past. He was out of his mind dangerous, rearing and bucking and jigging, just going crazy. I took him out alone so it isn't Annie. :-(
This sounds like something I've been through with a few horses. What strategy do you think you will try to deal with this?

I know you probably have thought of this, but how are his teeth? Any chance that there is a sharp point or something that is causing pain?

I know you probably have thought of this, but how are his teeth? Any chance that there is a sharp point or something that is causing pain?
The first thing I did when he started this behavior was take him to the dentist, so he's just had his teeth done. The guy is really thorough.
I took Kriss & Annie. Annie who is a lot larger, only needed $20.00 worth of sedation while Kriss had $45.OO worth (required repeated injections) and was alert when finished which I found interesting.

This sounds like something I've been through with a few horses. What strategy do you think you will try to deal with this?
I have been giving it a lot of thought and in the meantime I'm going to give him a little time off and some pasture. I'll post more thoughts on Your Drive Day section.

Latest posts

Back