Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice picture of Zorro.
How do those collars fit on a horse whose neck ties in REALLY low? Not just low, but "lower than a snakes belly" low?

Nice picture of Zorro.
How do those collars fit on a horse whose neck ties in REALLY low? Not just low, but "lower than a snakes belly" low?

I think it would work just fine. It's soft and basically wraps around the neck in whatever position the neck is laying. This style works GREAT on donkeys and their necks typically tie in super low. This style also needs to be very snug to function correctly. I see photos of this style breast collar on horses and ponies that are too large for the equine all the time. And people decide they hate it because they are using one that is not sized correctly. LOL!

10 minutes ground driving Cappy, then my husband hitched and drove him for a little while. Just long enough to stretch his legs because he is so out of shape. Cappy was very happy to have his Peeps playing with him. He's a sociable critter.
20 minutes ground driving Peanut.

I did 40 minutes of ground driving Zorro. We are having one storm after another today with HIGH winds. When we started out Zorro was pretty shivery. He wanted to trot and jig, I'm sure because he was cold. I didn't want him to hurt himself but he spent the first 5 minutes bucking pretty hard around the arena. LOL! Then he would toss in a good hard buck for the next 15 minutes off and on. I had trot poles out and when he learned that I liked it when he trotted them, with his head down and so floaty then he would make a bee line for those poles whenever I even looked at them. He is so funny!

After long lining then we went for a long walk around the track.

35 minutes ground driving Cappy followed by 20 minutes of driving. He was fizzy and naughty and generally obstreperous. In the ensuing hubbub I forgot my self imposed ban on driving him and hitched him up. We had a nice drive. He was happy. I was happy. The sun came out :).
The End.

60 minutes driving Annie today.

Starting to get hot here so she was super relaxed. She is finally learning to stand pretty square and is resting her back foot pretty regularly. This girl is coming along!

All caught up.

Has anyone seen the Warhorse endurance challenge? I saw it on one of my FB horse groups. It's like a virtual race where you log your miles with your horse (riding, driving, hiking, running, whatever) and when you get to 100 miles they send you your medal. Anyway... I thought it was an interesting and possibly motivating idea. My son is doing it with his horse Ferb this summer. I would love to do it with Clementine. She's the horse I want to do CDE with eventually. I can't imagine how good of a horse I would have after going 100 miles with her in a summer. I bet Mindy is close (or past) that mark with Zorro this year.

Last edited:
I'd never make it to 100 miles! Well I could, but the endurance challenge would be over by many years by the time I finished. I bet you could do it with Clem. 2 miles a day would get it done by Labor Day, give or take.

I ground drove both minis today.
20 minutes for Cappy and 22 for Peanut.

All caught up.

Has anyone seen the Warhorse endurance challenge? I saw it on one of my FB horse groups. It's like a virtual race where you log your miles with your horse (riding, driving, hiking, running, whatever) and when you get to 100 miles they send you your medal. Anyway... I thought it was an interesting and possibly motivating idea. My son is doing it with his horse Ferb this summer. I would love to do it with Clementine. She's the horse I want to do CDE with eventually. I can't imagine how good of a horse I would have after going 100 miles with her in a summer. I bet Mindy is close (or past) that mark with Zorro this year.
This sounds like fun! I'll have to look it up. So far this year Zorro and I have clocked 131.5 miles! We are down a bit from this time last year, but summer is just beginning!

Yesterday we did 60 minutes of driving with the bike. I ponied Sky and we went 3 miles.

Today we did 60 minutes of driving with the bike and I ponied Sky. Again we went 3 miles. They had a few days off so we are starting off this week easy. Though I do plan on hauling them to a nice little road with almost no traffic for a nice long drive tomorrow.

They both had baths tonight and look so good!
IMG_2680 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back