Drive Me Buggy 2020 Hours

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 minutes ground driving for Rosie this evening :) she’s such a sassy girl!

View attachment 41322
Pretty girl and she looks good in harness! I was wondering about her front hooves. Is it just the photography or is she wearing the toes? My driving gelding wears his back toes so I got him some boots. It has helped a lot.

Pretty girl and she looks good in harness! I was wondering about her front hooves. Is it just the photography or is she wearing the toes? My driving gelding wears his back toes so I got him some boots. It has helped a lot.

Thank you! I think she’s a cutie but I’m a bit biased ;) Her hooves are still a bit wonky from the lack of hoof care before we got her. I’m not sure why but the farrier is having a harder time getting the fronts to grow correctly than she did with the hinds. The hinds were terrible...she was walking on the curved under outside of the hoof wall instead of the sole. That’s why her little back legs are a bit crooked :( the fronts look weird because there’s a ‘bulge’ (old hoof) that sticks out further than the new hoof does. I tried to get a better picture...Rosie kept sniffing my phone and got her nose in the pic!

Attachments

• 33280B06-1B9B-4BEC-AACC-06C31CCB8C7E.jpeg
    33280B06-1B9B-4BEC-AACC-06C31CCB8C7E.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 5
I wanted to drive Zorro today and pony Sky, but when I went out to get started, the wind picked up and was blowing at least 30 mph. So I nixed driving and decided to ground drive Zorro and lead Sky. Then I ended up one line driving them both as they literally walk/trotted the entire 4 miles, dragging me along behind like a floppy rag doll. I'm so tired I think I need to go to bed! LOL!
IMG_2347.jpg
They had a nice grazing break half way so I could recover and prepare for the walk home. :confused:
IMG_2349.jpg
Oh! It was a 90 minute walk minus the grazing/recovery time.

50 minutes ground driving Annie today.

About ten minutes in it started to sprinkle but I persevered (had a what would Mindy do moment) and it was just a light shower which passed in no time. I had a goal of an hour, but I got a few stickers in my sock so I called it good and headed back in lol. :)

50 minutes ground driving Annie today.

About ten minutes in it started to sprinkle but I persevered (had a what would Mindy do moment) and it was just a light shower which passed in no time. I had a goal of an hour, but I got a few stickers in my sock so I called it good and headed back in lol. :)

I LOVE this!! Sometimes I even ask myself that question when I am making excuses for why I'm not taking the ponies out... I think, What would I have done last year? I would have gone out anyway! So out I go! And we got rained on a bit yesterday as well :)

I need to catch up my minutes! The weather hasn't really been cooperating but I just head out and do it anyway. It's not really rainy and boy do I wish it would!! We are super dry around here. But it's super windy and very cloudy. So a bit depressing to be honest. I'm pretty sure we are going to have a bad fire year :(

May 16th - Ground drove Zorro - 120
May 17th - Drove Zorro in the bike - 45
May 19th - Drove Zorro in the bike - 90 minutes

Zorro is looking so good this spring!
IMG_9042.jpg

Back