Drink / Beverage Recommendation

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
The source of this drink is controversial here lately, but I've just recently discovered at Walmart the drink mixes that are a knock off, I think, of Crystal Light. Except the "Great Value" (Walmart) brand has different flavors and I love them.

They sell small packages you mix into bottles of water but also tubes that have 6 tubs in them that each make 2qts of drink. That's the kind I've got. The price is also unbeatable ($1.88 for a tube that makes six 2-qt containers).

The drinks taste like they are "real" sugar / juice drinks but have no calories and no caffeine. The flavors I've tried and love are apple (tastes like apple juice), fruit punch (tastes like Hawaiian Punch), Peach Tea (tastes like Snapple), Cherry (tastes like Kool Aid), and Cranberry (tastes like juice). They've got a lot of other flavors, too, but those are the ones I thought I'd like and turns out I love.

For those of you who drink diet drinks and get tired of diet sodas, I know you'll LOVE these
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
It's pretty ridiculous how happy "discovering" these drinks has made me
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I love them, too, Jill! Except I've kinda stuck with the traditional lemonade/pink lemonade. Maybe I'll have to give some of the others a shot!

I can't stand to drink plain water so I always use the Crystal Light. But I will try the Great Value.........

Thanks for the heads up.

I normally cannot drink plain water either, unless its really really ice cold, so we always have those little crystal light packages and kool aid packs, i think the kool aid islike $1.25 at Walmart too.

default_biggrin.png

I have been chugging a 2 liter of PEPSI a day for about 15 years!!!!!!

Jill I already lost 12 pounds drinking that stuff VS my PEPSI!
default_aktion033.gif
I don't really like the taste that much but you can get used to it.

If I keep it up, I'll loose half of me this year.
default_new_shocked.gif

I really miss the PEPSI though so I've been sneaking in one glass a day though.
default_wacko.png

It could get interesting if I stick to it.

Another good-for-you non-sugared drink is the Green Tea ones. I get mine at Fred Meyer, but I've also seen them at Safeway. We don't have a Wal-Mart here in town, and as you know I don't shop there.

One thing the Green Tea ones have is the dose of antioxidants that are supposedly helpful to people.

The Mandarin Mango is a good flavor, they also have a White Tea Raspberry that I like.

I rarely have a soda, ever, and even my kids love these drinks.

Glad you've found something you like that satisfies the desire for something sweet and keeps ya hydrated!

Liz

Liz --

I love those green and white teas by Lipton. I bought 3 12-packs of those and took them with me last week to Cincinnati... In hindsight, I don't know how I thought I'd drink all of that and brought more than 1/2 of it back home with me but they are good, too. I'm liking these mixes better for now, but last week, the teas were my favorite drinks (well, that is if you do not count the hard stuff!).

Jill

PS since I got up this morning (4am), I have drank almost A GALLON of "Cherry Drink". Yeah... Let me tell you, I'm skeptical that I will make my hour long commute to Warrenton (1pm client meeting) w/o a pit stop... Yep yep... I should call Carol and see can she get me there FAST in her Jag
default_biggrin.png

On the subject of Green tea ,

Try the Green Tea with Citrus added....now that stuff is GOOD! I have yet to find it in the can, but its always in the vending machine at hotels for some reason.

I hardly ever drink pop really, just from time to time. I normally drink ice tea (sweetended, which prob isnt much better then pop), milk and like i said, we always have the little packets here to add to bottle water. Add gatoraide and poweraide to that list as well
default_smile.png

I found a no sugar drink at my grocery store, it's made by 4-C .....lemonade flavor. They have both yellow lemonade and pink lemonade.....and since I don't do aspertame it's got Splenda in it!! Love it!!! Even hubby who does'nt do diet drinks because he says they have a bitter aftertaste loves the 4-C lemonades.

Yes, I agree these flavors have got me back into drinking water.

My favorite is Nestea Field Berry but these have 5 calories per drink.

All Natural fruit Flavour with a splash of real Tea.

Drink.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those drinks sound good Jill, I will have to try them...

Marty, I used to drink 2 regular pepsi a day and when I stopped it really helped me lose weight.. I dont have caffeine either. If I do have a Pepsi, like when I eat Mexican or pizza out, pepsi just makes it taste even better! then I am up all night.. So I am just trying NOT to drink it...

I drink water, milk, detox tea, a pepsi about once a month...

FYI- Green tea is good for you but not if you are pregnant or trying to conceive. It supposedly breaks down folic acid which we all know you need lots of when pregnant or trying to get that way...

Im probably not a ton of help. I LOVE Mountain Dew...
default_rolleyes.gif
Love it... I drink 2 cans every day unfortunately
default_biggrin.png
I also LOVE Minute Made Orange juice with extra calcium and vitamin D. Drink that every day too. Water is the other big one. Either from the tap or Aquafina. I have noticed an increase in my water intake lately.

Half of the store I work in is a TEA ROOM. You would think I would be more help here. Truth be told, tea is smelly water to me. I love the smell but aquiring a taste for it is slow going... I do like Pai Mu Tan - one of our white teas and a hand full of herbals too I suppose. We have something like 40 different types of lose leaf teas here. My co worker knows all kinds of things about tea and just what it is good for. You can tell her what ails you and she can tell you what tea to drink! Hee hee wild... We also do bubble teas and in that case, I love Acai. It has a lot of antioxidents.

I've been using these mixed drinks w/ the water now for over a year. I've tried the walmart brand and the crystal light. I have to do the crystal light ones. My 2 favorite with crystal light is the Peach Mango Green Tea (metabolism) and then the wild strawberry (Energy)........And then I also get the Vita Splash one that has Green Tea w/ Goji for the metabolize. I LOVE them! I do NOT like drinking straight water either......so I drink WAY MORE with these!!!!! Can't function w/ out them!
default_yes.gif

I LOVE Crystal Light lemonade and now have some other ideas of things to try! I need to drink more water and this surely is a good way to make it more enticing...especially since we're on well water that has a tiny bit of a sulfur smell and the additions help mask that.

Now, sorry to take this a little off topic....

Watcheye....would you be so kind as to ask your co-worker what tea she would recommend for GOUT? My husband has been suffering terribly for the last month or so, and has totally restricted his diet and done everything right and, not wanting to take the drugs for it, needs some additional ideas. We have a good tea shop in Seattle to access, but if she has something she'd be willing mail out to me, give me a PM of your store's phone number and I can call in a credit card number. Thanks so much. I hate to see this sweet guy suffering like this.

Jayne

I will try some of the Crystal Light ones, too. Looking at them, it didn't seem like I liked their flavor selection actually as much as the Great Value ones (where my favs are Apple and Fruit Punch).

FYI, the Cherry one goes great w/ some Vanilla Vodka on a Friday evening
HeHee, I was wondering when that was going to come up...I'll have to try that!

Well, to be honest, there is not a lot I can't get down if it's got a double shot of Vodka, but it does go nice with the cherry. You know, I will try it in the other flavors, too
default_biggrin.png

Sorta keeping the theme (inexpensive drinks), I am pretty surprised by this very cheap brand of Vodka that I like better than the premium stuff which tastes mediciny to me... I've been getting Burnetts and I like it better (!!!) than Grey Goose :DOH! It is a lot smoother.

Latest posts

Back