Dressage clothes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
I'm finally going to my first HDT at the end of May:BigGrin . Its a schooling show so they are not requiring jackets or long sleeves, this is what I want to wear but I'm not sure about the apron, I tried on a black one I have it looks O.K. but I'm wondering if gray would be better. I'm using my Frontier EE cart it has a black and burgundy seat. Abbys is the paint in my avatar, she has more white than chestnut. I've heard that your apron should also match your seat. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Kathy

drivingclothes002.jpg

Hmm. I am NOBODY'S clothing expert but I'd say maybe a nice gray/tan apron with a turnout as "spring-like" as that one? Black would be too stark and you don't want to match your seat in this case. That rule is for carts with lovely tufted and upholstered seats in twills and Bedford and other fancy fabrics. Have you considered applying a quick black slipcover to your cart seat?

Leia

Thanks Leia, I'll try the slipcover, but I wonder if it will slide when I do the cones? Kathy

Secure it with black straps across each third or maybe put some non-skid drawer liner between the vinyl seat and the slipcover? I bet that would do the trick.

Leia

Yes it is. I'm so excited. I got hooked last Dec. when I went to help a friend with her big horse at her first ADT. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Its a great group of people. We met Bob and Brenda Giles at the Feb. show they helped my friend, today we are driving up there for a lesson. We are thinking of going to the national drive too. Kathy

John and Erica always put on a nice event. Everyone is usually nice and its a lot of fun. I miss going to thier events. They always do something around the end of May. It started as a clinic but evolved into ADT/HDT. Have fun and good luck
default_smile.png

Have fun.

Leia, I'm serously thinking about it, I won't be bringing Abby, my friend, that has the big horse wants me to come with her and help her with her horse. We talked about it a little bit today at Bobs. It would be great to meet you you have been so helpful to me. Kathy

John and Erica always put on a nice event. Everyone is usually nice and its a lot of fun. I miss going to thier events. They always do something around the end of May. It started as a clinic but evolved into ADT/HDT. Have fun and good luck
default_smile.png
I met Erica at the ADT we went to at Sumter last Sept. They do put on a nice show. They are having this ADT and then in Aug. silly carriage games? We are going over the weekend before to help them set up, that way I can see where it is and how long to get there and just what I'm in for! Kathy

There's always some good laughs, good times and meeting people. Its a nice small farm, definately go the silly six games they are a lot of fun. The paintball is hilarious.

The end of May ADT started off as a clinic and evolved into an ADT. I'm impressed they are actually asking you to dress up for dressage in past years its been marathon attire
default_smile.png
Good Luck and enjoy yourself. I miss going to their events but I am wayyy too far away for that, even if my horse rides in the mini van.

Karen

Karen,

Erica said it is considered a schooling show, jackets or long sleeves are not required, but I'm thinking proper dress is still required? Being from the old school of having jackets excused at hunter shows in the heat and my trainer still requiring that WE wear them, I hope I'm not over dressed. Maybe I'll bring a back up outfit. I'm so new to driving but learning everyday especially about the clothes and HATS
default_new_shocked.gif
oh the HATS!

Paintball? That sounds intresting, something my sons would like! Kathy

Latest posts

Back