Dreamers post surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
Since the other thread was about her injury, I thought I would start a new one on her recovery progress... She is doing amazingly good! When we first got there she WOULD NOT have anything to do with ME and ME only, I guess she is mad at me.... But after 1/2 hour she was MY baby again...SIGH... As were were pulling in the parking lot Rita from WeOkie was right behind us to get her baby! She is such a wonderful lady, she went and saw Dreamer before she ran off to her baby! We had a wonderful chat took a pic and she was off to take her baby home. It was like we new each other forever! The vet said she will come home next weekend!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I think this did Dreamer and I a world of good to see and feel each other again.. I was sooo mentally exhausted, I slept all the way home! So....here she is...and a pic of Rita and I..
default_biggrin.png

I forgot to add that Art is putting a count down board in her stall as to when she will be back home!!

She was very stand offish with me...

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08006.jpg

Then she came to me....
default_wub.png

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08016.jpg

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08017.jpg

Then to Art...

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08007.jpg

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08001.jpg

And her poor hip. That made me cry...What you see is a surgical sponge sewed on the top of the staples to keep dirt out, and to protect it from infection. Her incision is 8-9" long. she has internal stitches and outer staples...OUCH!!

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08022.jpg

And my Friend....Rita....

Dreamersurgeryvisit04-20-08013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I see a bit of a smile on her face in that 3rd photo.

She looks good despite her traumas and will delighted to

get back home with you and in her own bedroom.

Hopefully the week will pass quickly for you and for Dreamer.

This is WONDERFUL news!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I am so happy Dreamer is doing so well. Please take care of yourself this week, resting up for your baby to come home.

She surely LOVES her Momma! It's nice to see you all together, and I will continue to keep the three of you in my prayers. Such a beautiful bond.

Jodi

[SIZE=10pt]So glad you and Art got to visit Dreamer - she is just making you pay for not being there. Brat!!!! Once you get her home, it sure won't take her long to get back to normal.[/SIZE]

I remember when I first saw Dawn post op - her incision was probably at least 4"-5" long with a drain in it - broke my heart - but it didn't faze her.

Dreamer looks wonderful. This week will probably fly by as you get her quarters ready for her. It's a miracle what prayers and wonderful surgeons and caretakers can do for these miniature loves of our lives.

Take care of yourselves as life will probably be more hectic for awhile when she is back home.

Hugs and prayers for a swift recovery.

Barbie

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
This is so wonderful!! Looks like she is recovering beautifully. Definitely sounds like somone was a little mad at you. Glad she got that out of her system. Great photos. Thankyou for sharing. Can't wait till you and Art can get her home.
default_yes.gif

Beautiful, just beautiful! Just know that this angel is still watching over you even from afar HUGS to all three of you. This is a very happy ending and it just makes my heart so full to see everything come together as it should. Bless you!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
All those
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
have certainly paid off! YAY!!!

Love,

Connie

Yeah!!! Great job on her! I'm so glad she's doing good! Can't wait for her to come home!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You know how it is when we get in a snit with somebody we love......just can't stay mad for very long. LOL

Just wanted to add my congratulations on her successful surgery and lotsa wishes for a speedy recovery.

Love those hearts Marty.

Awwww...I got all choked up seeing these pictures!!! Thank you for sharing with us everything you have been through. I'm so glad she's doing well...and I agree with Nancy...she looks good for what she's been thru. Her eyes are so bright and she looks very alert. My prayers for her for continued recouperation and that she is once again at home and happy and healthy. I have to say it is so heartwarming to see how much you and Art love your little girl. You don't have to say a word.....it's written all over in these pics!
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Hugs! She looks so much better!

She looks wonderful - and she was just sulking a bit LOL. I have a chronic colic mare who has been through surgery and some bad colics after, who sulks big time if I have to leave her at the vet. Turns her butt to me very deliberately and sulks.
default_smile.png
And strangely enough, she is also a Dreamer.

Glad your girl is recovering and will be home soon.

Jan

Oh my gosh! Dreamer just looks [SIZE=14pt]WONDERFUL[/SIZE]! Except for her hip you'd never know of all the trauma she's been through.

I'm so glad she decided to make up with you. She is one lucky little horse to have a family like she does.

We'll continue prayers here for a quick and uneventful recovery.

Charlotte

Thanks so much for posting the pics from today!!!!!!! She looks great and the pics of you and her are so sweet. I am overjoyed that she is doing so well
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thankyou so much for the update. We are all happy for you and Dreamer and we are still praying for her continual improvement. Take care.....
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back