Dreamer Update 05-08-2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
default_risa8.gif
Everytime I watch her, I am amazed at how well she is doing. The 18 days she was at the hospital seemed like it was forever! She has only been home for 5 days, and I am telling you, we literally have to slow her down! The surgeon asked me to send him video (email) of her walking so he can adjust her therapy. He called me and was elated with her! He was considering using ankle weights on her if she would not use her leg, but he said "there is NO need for them, she is USING her leg and bearing weight on it better than he hoped for at this point and time"! He is also impressed at how she keeps her leg up under her, not out to the side when she is standing. He said what we are doing with her needs no adjusting. If she keeps going like she is, he said it might not take a full year for her to recovery!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Her she is motoring around "her green, green grass of home". I borrowed that from one of forum members posts! Thanks for looking....

Edited to add: I forgot to tell you she is on NO pain meds!

See how she keeps her leg up under her...
default_wub.png

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

Videos..
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's wonderful news!

I clicked on the video link but it took me to my own photobucket account.

This is defintely good news and warms my heart to see that she is getting around so beautifully! She looks so serene and happy in her "green, green pasture at home".
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

Im so glad you posted an update my hubby asked me just a couple of hours ago if there were any updates on Dreamer. Continued prayers for complete recovery.

She looks great Theresa
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Keep up the good work, 'member can't let her get too heavy (I let Rose get too fat, and it definately slowed her progress down a bit).

Give Dreamer a big hug from us!

Stacy & Rose

That's fantastic! I am very happy to see and her that this is turning out well. Keep after everything the vet tells you and keep moving forward! YYIPEEEE!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I was just getting ready to send you a pm to see how she was doing. I am soooo glad she is doing well. She will continue to improve fast now that she is home.

I couldn't see the videos, they keep asking for a username and password.

Mary

Videos work great now, and Dreamer looks terrific!! So glad to see her in a happier state of mind. Keep up whatever you're doing because it is certainly working.

Dreamer looks wonderful, keep up the good work Dreamer.

I got all choked up watching the first video, amazing, just heart felt amazing....continued prayers lite and healing Sage/Debs

Theresa and Art,

Dreamer looks wonderful!!

Thanks for sharing our girls progress...
default_yes.gif

I am so happy that she is doing well... Happy tears here!!

Big lump in my throat here watching the videos. Theresa, thank you again for sharing the drama, fear, excitement, frustration and absolute joy of Dreamers struggle. What an amazing little girl she is!

She looks truly wonderful. I'm so glad you posted video, it's so nice to see her walking around munching on grass. I know she is glad to be home as much as you are glad to have her home. I bet she will improve in leaps and bounds now with all the love she's getting.
default_aktion033.gif

Theresa-

She looks wonderful - how quickly she is recovering. What a good feeling it gave me to see her out eating grass and walking around. You and Art are doing a wonderful job with this little horse.

I'm with Stacy on the weight - I have to monitor Dawn all the time.

Keep us posted - talk to you soon.

Barbie & Dawn

What wonderful news! I was away for a few days and the first thing I did when I returned home after checking the critters was to check for your post!

Y'all done good!!!

Love,

Robin

Latest posts

Back