Dream Vacation ~ Where?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
Where would you go if you could go anywhere?

I would love to go to see the Grand Canyon. I was hoping this was the year, but maybe next year....

Egypt. I'd love to see the ancient ruins and the pyramids. Maybe someday.

Want to go back to England and this time visit Scotland too.........Tour the Greek Islands, visit Alaska, go on a safari in South Africa while visiting our grown Exchange Student (daughter), and see New Zealand while visiting our second Exchange Student (daughter)!!!

Don't want much, do I.......

ROAD TRIP!!!! I love road trips!!! So I'd go back and travel West to Arizona, Mojave, the Dakotas, Montana and all those beautiful places. My idea of eating out would be stopping at the little quaint restaurants along the way....... Oh such FUN!!!

I have to see Australia and Alaska before I die. I also want to ski in the Rockies. For our Honeymoon without doing any research (he does not ski), my husband surprised me with a trip to Jackson Hole. Would have been awesome, except for the fact that we got married in early November and everything in Jackson Hole was shut down, we were lucky to find an open restaurant. We had one day in Yellowstone before they closed. It was interesting. Our entire honeymoon photo album is nothing but closed signs.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for my ski trip, then Alaska, then Australia. However, because of our horses we will probably never go anywhere as I have no one that I trust to care for them for more than an hour.
default_biggrin.png

Ok, this may sound stupid....but I want to go to Denver, Colorado....and watch an Avalanche hockey game live!!!!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
That is my ultimate dream vacation right now!
default_blush.png

Otherwise I dream of going to Hawaii, and I would LOVE to go and tour Ireland, Scotland and Wales....Austria too, I keep hearing wonderful things about Austria.

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, I have a few!

Right now, I want to drive highway 1 along the coast from San Juan Capistrano to Ft. Bragg (I think it goes up to Ft. Bragg anyway). I want to take a week to do it, only drive during the daytime, explore all the little towns along the way. No chain motels, no chain restaurants, only local establishments.

Eventually, I plan to see all 50 states.

Ideally, I would love to do an old school tour of Europe.

I have always wanted, since I missed two opportunities years ago, to do the passage to Alaska.

I've heard there are just stunning views from the ships. Then I want off the ship to go

investigate..... Never have had any desire to go to tropical locations unless I could go

to the Galapagos to ride a turtle.......since I don't even swim that'd probably be a

senseless trip.

Anything inside the USA would be interesting to me.....seeing all those locations you saw

in your history books as a kid.

But I HATE leaving my ponies for more than a couple days at a time and Chevy, our GSD

would have to accompany us as I don't like leaving him even to go to the grocery store.

What an interesting thread! Oh there are several places! Would love to trace my roots in Ireland, visit Africa, Alaska and New Zealand but most likely the one I would pick first is very very dear to my heart. And that is spend a week volunteering and staying at The Best Friends Sanctuary in Utah.

Yay for New Zealand haha...come on down folks!

I'd love to go to Italy, Greece and of course USA...that particular trip may just have to be scheduled around the time of the AMHA world show lol

I want to go back to Africa and see a few other "states" there. I've been to Zimbabwe and South Africa but I'd love to see Tanzania, Kenya, and Mozambique. I'd also like to see the Pyramids. Part of me feels like I've been there before but who knows about that......

Australia, New Zealand, Ireland....and the rest of the US. I'm only missing about 10 states.

I'd really love to hunt Yukon Moose in Alaska. Someday....but it's actually cheaper to go to Africa on Safari.
default_new_shocked.gif

Minimule, my friends just came back from their Honeymoon in Africa. They did a hunting safari and you're right, it wasn't very expensive!

I just want to go HOME.

I want to return to my roots in Connecticut and visit my childhood home, walk the blocks to my schools, ride the bus downtown and walk the beach again. Then I want to visit my summer home that we had at Dennis, Cape Cod and row my little row boat back out onto the lake and fish like I did when I was a kid.

Wow, we are a bunch of dreamers! And we all have smiles to prove it!

If I count right we had fourteen people who want to go on vacation.

Five for New Zealand

Four for Alaska

Four for Africa

Three for Scotland

Two for Arizona

Two for Egypt

Two for Greece

Two for Australia

Two for Hawaii

Two for Ireland

Two Road Trips

England

Wales

Austria

Canada

Ireland

Italy

Virgin Islands

USA

Two for Colorado

California

Texas

Dakotas

Montana

Utah

Connecticut

Cape Cod

Last edited by a moderator:
Austrailia, Ireland, Scotland, Norway, Greece, China (the Great Wall mainly), Alaska, the pacific NW, all over Canada and anywhere with white sand beaches and tequila~LOL I keep telling Steve that we are retiring in the Carribean...I think he's starting to understand I'm not kidding
default_wink.png

I want to go everywhere!

ever since i was little i've always wanted to see the whole world.

some places i would really like to see are:

Italy, my grandma was born there and my garndfather parents were too, i would love to find any relatives i may have there.

Egypt, I've always been very interested in the prymids and stuff like that.

Scotland, I want to try to see the loch ness monster! no i'm not kiding

Sable Island, an island about 180 km southeast of mainland Nova Scotia Canada where the wild ponies are. there are also cute, there are also sharks in the water around it! great white, tiger and mako are believed to have been there based off wounds they would on seals and now there is an increasing number of "corkskew" like wounds on seals and they believe they are from the Greenland shark! to my knolwage very little is knowen about this shark.....I can i move this one up to my top choice to travel lol. it's not closed to visiters but you have to request to the government or something to be able to visit because no one lives there besides the people that do reshaerch on the ponies. I would really not only love to visit the island but i would love to live there even more. this is the website sable island

Sydney, Australia just because it's my name and I could get a bunch of personalized souvenirs.
default_laugh.png
LOL!

Then Whales, England, maybe Ireland, Italy, and France. Whales and England in particular because that is where my ancestors were from. Oo! And the Isle of Man because I did a project on it. And they have a rock called Chicken Rock!
default_yes.gif
Now how cool is that?

Alaska and Hawaii....you know, one extreme to the next! We have been considering moving to Alaska, it's just so far and our parents are not in the greatest health so I don't want to be too far from them. We can transfer our jobs there with return rights, so maybe in the next few years we may end up there.

As far as out of the country....I would like to go on a Safari in Africa. Would also like to see Australia.

Latest posts

Back