Dream Vacation ~ Where?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We considered, years ago, moving to Alaska. But then we lived in upstate New York for a few years and found the older we got the more the cold got to us. So we moved south! I would like to visit Alaska someday.

Last edited by a moderator:
We considered, years ago, moving to Alaska. But then we lived in upstate New York for a few years and found the older we got the more the cold got to us. So we moved south! I would like to visit Alaska someday
so true...if we went I don't think it would be a permanent move, 3 years is the return rights...I complain now about the short summers in Michigan. We went to the Upper Pennisula of Michigan last weekend and 40% of the trees are already changing...pretty, but a grim reminder that soon we will be freezing our bums off!

Ok Charley chalk another one up for NZ

Hey miniaddiction i might be coming there sometime in the next year so i might take you up on that offer. lol

but if you live around auckland would you please direcct me to bethals beach and such

dawn

LowRiseMinis...I went to High School in Fort Bragg!
default_yes.gif

I'd like to be in a cabin on the ocean with no one else around, or on a lake. Just peace and quiet. Or go back to Ireland (I lived there once) Eqypt would be great too!

Most of all, I'd just like to go home and never leave again.

I've been all over Europe and all throughout Mexico. I've been to quite a few states in the U.S. ---- BTW ---- Alaska is amazing...
default_wub.png

But you want to know where I've never been that I really want to visit? Montana and Wyoming!!! I hope I get the chance one day...

Liz R.

I'm with you miniaddiction (Helen) GO New Zealand, Everyone come on down we can have a massive party lol
default_saludando.gif
. Hahler I see ya like Zena ( Lucy Lawless) She rocks I have met her a few times and she is really great and down to earth a real kiwi chick, My dads mate has carts and things he got from the set when they dismantled a set, even the rocks lol (they were made of polystyrine) (ps) lol even a big caslte that was bulit in auckland where my uncle was building houses was made of the stuff lol. my parents built a castle and people come in asking if it was for Zena or the Lord of the rings ( we live not that far from Hobbiton lol.

Oh so I want to go to America every where and travel around also Tuscany, England cause my brother is there, Ireland my friends lived there and farmed and said it was great, Africa, I better stop cause there is no many more places

Anyone who wants to come to NZ are welcome at my farm
default_aktion033.gif

I have always wanted to go to Africa then Australia and last would be Alaska.

Willow Glen i might take you up on that offer and if you come to the USA ill take you up to mt. rushmore and show you around

When im down there if you need your babies hooves trimmed would be glad to do it lol

dawn

P.S. is it that obvious about LL
default_new_shocked.gif

Willow Glen i might take you up on that offer and if you come to the USA ill take you up to mt. rushmore and show you around When im down there if you need your babies hooves trimmed would be glad to do it lol

dawn

P.S. is it that obvious about LL
default_new_shocked.gif
You'd be more than welcome to come and stay I live really central in the north island and its quick travel to all places that are cool to vist My house could be your base if ya wanted we have plenty of room, We are on a dairy farm, I dont have many minis but would be glad to show you around places, I can help you get hold of mini studs and things for you to do there feet. If I ever get to come over just got to sweet talk hubby lol. i will def take you up on the offer.

Sure!! Im just a little south of Auckland, heck...if you'd show me a thing or two about trimming hooves Id personally deliver you to the beach! lol

I am sooooooooooooooo boring. I travel for business and stay in really nice hotels, picked up in limo's most of the time, taken to the best restaurants and all I do is count the days until I can go home again.

So, my favorite dream vacation destination is the one I always take when I take vacation -- home! That's where all the things I love, and love to do, are.

(like I said, I know I'm boring!!!).

I would be happy if I could just go visit my sisters in Alaska and Wyoming and I think I just may be doing this in the next year or so. My son is in Scottsdale, AZ which I have no interest in but I think it's time I visit him too. It's just so hard as I get terrible anxiety when I have left the farm and my animals for more than 8 hours but I'm trying to work on this problem. I've heard that Oregon and Washington are beautiful. Tn and some of the eastern state have to be great too, I'd like to travel but I have this problem, hate to leave our hill.

Right now....I'd be happy to just be sitting on a beach, watching my dogs play in the surf and drinking an adult beverage of some type.
default_rolleyes.gif

Africa... Safari !! These days I wouldnt want to go any where that didnt have the U.S.A. flag flying. Sounds crazy but I would love to camp out in one of Tony's pastures with a huge box of sugar cubes and carrots...I could stay there for a week and just sketch, read and walk around enjoying their horses and the scenery. I would then be in my glory!!

Marty, we had a house in Dennis right on Mayflower beach. Did you go to Captain Parkers for the onion rings? I love the Cape and go back every year. I miss walking out my door and being right on the beach. I spent hours catching minnows in the tide pools.

I just had to get in on this one, been at Nationals so a little late.

First off a cruise to Alaska through the inside passage, then the train through Denali Park and back down to do some panning for gold--(gold
default_smile.png
can always dream)

Next to Ireland and into Austria and Switzerland (I love the Sound of Music and alway wanted to visit the country).

Then to the Eastern Canadian mountains--always wanted to do that since my highschool science teacher told me about the trip she took.

Would love to spend more time visiting our Nationals parks as well.

Have been all over the eastern US as the last vacation my family took together we spent 8 weeks and went though most of the Civil War battle field states, Mammoth Cave State Park, New York and the Statute of Liberty then to the Falls and up into Canada. Lived in Georgia for a while and got to see a lot of the deep south.

My Father had a overseas tour back in the early 60's when I was 9 -- got to see London England, Paris France, Istanbul Turkey, took our vacation in Beriut Lebanon and down into the Holy Lands, and then on our way home 3 years later got to go to Pakistan, New Deli India, Bankok Thailand--stopped off in Hawaii but only long enough to change planes and then on to San Francisco CA.

But right now my Vacations are spent at the AMHR Nationals hanging out with friends and making new ones and showing my horses.

Plan to do so traveling after I retire for sure.

It would go back to Rome, (Italy) but to vacation, not to work which is why I was there in the first place. I would love to take my husband to Europe, as he has never been. Italy, (Rome) is a very romantic city and full of history.

We went to Newfoundland this summer for my son's wedding and I love that province. I have been to most provinces in Canada except B.C. which I plan to do next year.

The other place I would love to go back to is Bermuda. There is something about that island and it's people that draws you in. I could live in Bermuda in a heartbeat!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Im like Jill, my faverite place is at home..that is "my" place although i love to spend a week in NYC just shopping and being some place completely different.

I shouldnt be answering this questions a week after nationals...only place i want to be right now is home
default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back