Dream Place?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
What is your Dream Place? Try to keep it short....

This is ours
default_wink.png
:

We would like an indoor arena, with about 8-10 mini stalls with easy entry cleaning.

All heated, with all the new fangled gadgets....Too many to list :bgrin

With our open concept bungalow space up above, on about 10 - 15 acres with a gorgeous view.

Love to hear your dream place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two barns:

1) Foaling stalls and my show barn for our show horses/stallions (2 foaling stalls, 7 regular stalls)

2) Separate barn for boarding, training ext. (5-8 stalls)

Indoor arena. Roundpen with sand. Stallion paddocs. Aqua-walker. 10 acre pasture. 3acre drylot. Couple lean to's in the pasture for mares. Wash area outside/inside. That is my dream place.

Oh yeah ...

My dream stallion ....

Happy Birthday Reble :saludando:

My real farm is much like what you want... Tehe
default_rolleyes.gif
:

My barn would have 10 stalls with a tack room and a wash rack. I would also want an office in the barn and an room for my feed and meds. I'd want a treadmill, indoor & out door arena, round pen, 2 large feilds, 3 dry lots... You know, all that pretty "bling, bling" :bgrin And Anything else that one dreams about... Ooooo And the AMHR/ASPC show horses to go with it!!! :bgrin :lol:

If you're going to dream you might as well dream big........... :bgrin

I want at least 200 acres, high game fenced all around. A LONG driveway to get to the main house so that we sit way off any road. The main barn needs to have at least 20 stalls, wide breeze way, wash stall, water taps at each stall (no draggin a hose around). The foaling barn must have 4-6 foaling stalls + an "upstairs apartment" equipped with monitors for each stall and a plate glass window to look out on them all. The hay barn will be big enough to store 1 1/2 yrs worth of hay (for those years there is a shortage). Each pasture will be at least 10 acres each so there is plenty of room for everyone to munch and not feel crowded.

A couple of outlying houses for the "hired help"

.......like I said, if you're going to dream.....
default_yes.gif
:

Since I just have them as pets and don't breed, I would be happy with a nice covered arena with stalls on two sides so in the bad weather they could come out and play. They could also exit out the backs of their roomy, padded floor stalls to nice large paddocks which would have gates at their far ends to huge pastures.

What about having your living quarters as part of the barn/arena building? That way I wouldn't even have to venture outside on cold winter nights. That would be sweet!

Jayne

Old stone barn with 10 or so stalls, a foaling stall, dutch doors, heated tack room with room for carts, bathroom, washstalls, feed room, seperate hay barn, either 2 or 3 good sized dry lots ecsessable from the stalls or individual dry lots attached to each stall, 2 or 3 big huge pastures with big old trees and a pond, round pen, indoor ring with jumps and plenty of room for driving in, and trails right on the property.

I've got my dream farm which is an old dairy barn converted for the Minis.Only other thing I need is live in help so I can get out of here once in a while.That and a nice indoor arena.It has taken me almost 20 years to get the place the way I like it.

Well..

10 Mini Horse Stalls. With beautiful Oak Stained doors and panels. With horse shoe sliding handles to opent he door black rodiron bars. A Oaks tack room . All Stalls having doors that on one side open tot he outdoor so I can go out int he front and see their little heads. An Indoor Arena. And a Refined B Show Colt! HAHA . Its just not perfect without my dream horse
default_wub.png
: But Wee Man is my Dream Horse So i guesse we're good to go :bgrin
default_wub.png
:

We have our dream place. We found our home 16 years ago. The house is a ranch 3 berooms 1,500 square feet just the size for the two of us. We built a barn by the house and heated it. Then we built a horse barn which we added on to several times. We can stall 20 horses. Put in a well by the barn hot water. We have 35 acres and a five acre pond with a island in the center that we ran electic to. We are still doing fencing and fixing up the place. We found this place when we were only looking for 5 to 10 acres of land and we were going to built a log home in the future. The house was 10 years old but the propery was not taken care of over grown and we have been working on it since we have lived here. Walt hopes to retire in 5 years and enjoy it even more. We are living our dream.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

We are living our dream.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:

lucky lucky!!

around here people don't really have "barns", mostly just "mare motels" because it would get too hot in a closed barn... but i would love to have more shades for the horses... two things i REALLY want... i saw not far from here a covered round pen with fans and mister system... you could train your horse even at 3pm on a July afternoon...and a garage-sized room, out the back door of the laundry room/mud room, with rubber floor, bright lights, drain in floor, etc. etc. etc. to use as a foaling "stall" or a place to keep a sick horse while treating them...

those might be possible someday if we save and do the work ourselves. what i would REALLY REALLY like is to have 100 acres or more and put my house in the MIDDLE - no more neighbors woo hoo! i have become a real hermit dealing with so many not-nice people in this world, and would love to just hang out with my donkeys, mules and horses big and small... but i think we will have to buy the winning Powerball ticket for this one <sigh>

We're currently searching for our dream place... our house will be up for sale sometime this year ;)

It will be in Kentucky... back to a dream, Lexington, but in reality, not... lol! Too expensive there
default_sad.png
We're thinking between Lex and Louiseville.

Minimum 20 acres. Large house, we have a lot of big dogs and a lot of cats. Preferable with a finished basement. I'd love a wrap around (or just a large) porch. Tile throughout due to the animals. Large rooms.

Place must be fenced for horses, and preferably have a barn. We'll probably get an old wooden barn (based one what we've seen so far) but would LOVE a fancy barn, MD type look... but really fancy... the more stalls the better, we have a lot of horses... but they won't be in the stalls much, so....

Separate fenced areas, since not all the horses can be together.

Would love a lake... one safe for the dogs to swim in. On that topic, need a dog yard. And a place for the goats to run around as well.

And... dad is going to go with us as well (he said if he can live on our land, he'll be our handyman/maid, sounds GREAT to me! LOL) so would be nice to find a place that has separate guest house (but he's not opposed to getting a modular put on).

So... that's my dream place! And most of it is in the near future!
default_smile.png

Edit to add: I can't believe some stuff I forgot! Ok, dreaming, 2 indoor arenas... one with ground for the big horses, one with ground for the minis ;) But really, I'll take an outdoor, heck I'll make do with just riding/driving in pasture, I HATE not being able to ride/drive on my property
default_sad.png

And the barn needs a wash rack, heated water, a grooming area, tack room, feed room (MOUSE PROOF! LOL), cameras in it, bathroom, lounge... lol ok so I can make do without all that stuff, but I"m dreaming, right?

And I also want enough garage space for all our vehicles, plus another storage building that fits all our carts (including future carts) ect
default_smile.png

Jessi

Fun thread!

I'd like to start with more acreage. I'd be tickled with 100 acres!! Have the house and barn/out buildings in the center. In some state where the winters are mild. Barn with about 20 stalls, indoor washroom, bigger feed room, nice tack room. A couple of really nice foaling stalls with cams and temp controls. Indoor arena. Place to park all stuff - tractor, trailer, vehicles inside. Several drylots, riding trails. Water at each stall (although we had water in the barn for the first time this winter and it was AWESOME!!!). All of a sudden carrying buckets from the feed room to each stall didn't seem too bad! LOL Would also like water at the paddocks. Currently we only have it at the big horse pasture.

I should probably buy a lottery ticket :eek:

[SIZE=10pt]I agree with minimule - if your gonna dream - dream BIG! SOOO - I would love a home and barn in one building - how awesome would that be?!! No getting dressed up in the winter to go check on your horses - just put on your robe and slippers and step out the door into the barn! :aktion033: Of course individual paddocks for every stalled horse would be a must and while were at it - at least twenty acres to boot. Oh - and dont let me forget to add that I would want a new hummer and a new truck of some sort....Ok - done dreaming now!! :lol:
default_rolleyes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Lori

I want an "I" shaped building. The front would be my home with a garage, workshop (for hubby) tack storage area to follow down the line. Next would come grain storage then horse clean up area followed by stall area, then working arena. The back section would have a loafing barn for mares with sections for posible penning if needed. This place would have pens and pastures built around it on about 40 or 50 rolling acres or more. There would also need to be a shed for hay storage (away from main building) as well as a shed for trailers, trucks ect. The whole thing would have all the latest and best in conveniences and ease of use.

Well I have to say that we found our dream home quite unexpectantly 2 years ago when my hubby brought home a flyer of the most beautiful farm I had ever seen. It has a beautiful 2 1/2 story 5 bedroom cobblestone house with wrap around porch. The house has hardwood floors pretty much throughtout. It was built in 1918. We have 20 acres of land surrounded by nothing but farmland. We are the last of 3 houses on a deadend road so it is very private. It has a 40 x 128 pole barn that we use for hay storage and my husbands garage. There is a 30 x 40 wood barn that we converted to our goats palace, as we call it. It has 3 large stalls with access to their large run ins. This is my favorite part - The people we bought the place from had just built a 36 x 60 barn with attached 60 x 132 indoor arena. They had finished the outside structure but nothing else so we were allowed to build the stalls and everything the way we wanted them. I have 9 stalls - 6 are 8x 8 and 3 are 8 x 12. We are still in the process of building the tack/feed room and we are also putting in a bathroom this spring. There is also 3 very large paddocks with very large run ins.

Well thanks for letting me share!

Tammie~

We are living in our dream place too. For years we dreamed of getting out of the "city" (was basically the country when we built our house but the people just kept on coming!) and we finally found the land for us and bought it. Got our house built last year, a log home with big front porch and finished basement, we just love it. Had a BarnMaster barn built (just like MD barns) and some dry lots, just had the perimeter fencing finished a few weeks ago. The horses are having a blast running around and digging thru the snow for grass-- even though I put hay out for them, they like to pretend they are mustangs, lol!

We live in a rural area, all the neighbors have at least as much land as we do (thirteen acres) or much more. We are the second of three houses on a private, dead end road, and have 360 degree views, mountains and valley, it's really nice.
default_smile.png

It will be a long process of getting this place truly "finished", still need to landscape, plant more trees, put up the hot walker and finish the round pen (maybe build another one as well) and do some cross-fencing.

I would LOVE an indoor arena and/or a covered round pen.
default_wub.png
:

We are ALMOST living our dream. We purchased an 80 year old farm house that we are slowly renovating on 21 acres. We have planted 52 trees, we live across from a tree farm :aktion033: . I would like a dream barn of 10 stalls, tack room, wash room, feed room and covered area for LQ trailer. I would like to have a 10' predator fence (just to be safe) all around. A covered arena large enough for my obstacle course and round pen with a misting system. A seperate hay barn. And the one thing I have always wanted: a victorian style craft building for myself.

The very ultimate for me would be to have a barn with living quarters above with glass floors!!! That way, I could always see what my horses were doing :risa8:

Well, about a month ago, I heard about an elderly couple 79& 84 that had won the 245 million dollar lottery. They were sharing it with their sons who are in their 50's. Believe me, it would take that 8 million per year to build our dream home and farm. Don't need a large or fancy house, but oh the barns and fencing! Would like a LARGE barn, or two, with wash area inside, of course a fancy tack room, and lots of wooden paddocks. We bought our 821/4 acres in Texas about two years ago, and haven't gotten anywhere near to having what we'd wanted. Living on retirement is not exactly a great thing when you are trying to build. So far, a little fencing, barn and a couple of storage sheds, 2 tractors, two hay bailers,(one round one square) hay cutter, and a couple of bush hogs, plus city water everywhere we need it so far. Do you know how much all that cost? Our savings, and we ain't done yet! I have a friend that says you don't have to be crazy to own horses, but it sure as he-- helps! So, I guess we will all just have to keep on dreaming!

Back