Dragon's Wish Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
As some of you know, I joined the forum earlier this year when I got Casper (avatar horse). You helped me decide on the farm name, have answered a GAZILLION questions (you might not know it, 'cause you answered them in the old threads I've been systematically reading) and have given me the motivation to act on a dream I've had since I was...literally....18 MONTHS old.

Right now, our farm is situated on a rental property of 3/4 acre. I'm working on a business plan to use as part of an offer on a property we'd like to purchase. I would like to have mentors. I'd like to have people who'd be interested in reviewing my plan and critiquing it.

I'm coming to YOU, LITTLE BEGINNINGS FORUM FRIENDS, as I respect the opinions and viewpoints that each one of you have to offer. I've spent the months since my original introduction thread refining what I'd like to do in Miniatures.

I'd like to be a pedigree professional. I've decided we are not going to be breeders (at least in the 5 year plan) HOWEVER, we are going to be some of the biggest gelding promoters you've ever seen!!

I'd like anyone who has personal experience with the Super G, Super Gelding and Gelding Incentive programs to share those experiences IN DETAIL.

Anyone who is into Organic Farming, Sustainables, Alternative Energy, Community Gardens and 4-H (Mary at On Target...you're already on my email list!!
default_yes.gif
) I'd like to make contact with as well.

Casper has been a pasture pet the last few months, we've been learning each other, and I've been overcoming some personal challenges.

I've been hesitant to share things, yet I know I can't reach my goals without guidance, encouragement, advice, warnings, and brain-storming from people who have similiar interests.

Therefore...YOU ALL GET ELECTED!!!
default_please.gif
:please
default_please.gif

I will be updating a minimum of once per week, on Mondays, for those who'd like to follow along and participate. Honestly, 2012 did not go as I'd planned. I do know that 2013 will be much better, as I have a hard-copy plan, and by informing y'all, I now have accountability.

THANK YOU ALL for reading, and hopefully, participating. HERE WE GO!!!
default_488.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_risa8.gif

Sounds very interesting! I look forward to hearing your updates and more info on your plans. I sincerely hope everything works out for you. :-D I admire your drive.

"we are going to be some of the biggest gelding promoters you've ever seen"

Im happy to hear that
default_smile.png
I wish geldings were more popular here

I'm not in position to be a mentor but I'm cheering for you!!! Good luck!

We have organic farmland and I have my ever growing organic garden (greenhouse as well with solar panels). We have a sustainable lifestyle and are just starting to use alternative energy on our house. I'd be happy to try to help.

I think you have an interesting plan that may work. In this financial climate it doesn't make sense to keep breeding horses. The market is in the toilet and it is expensive to maintain stallions and mares in the hopes of breeding a few good horses. You can look around and find exactly what you want at a reasonable price. You can keep you numbers down and only support a few horses which you can train, show and ENJOY. I think we forget the fun of loving and caring for our horses when the numbers start creeping up and time is limited. You can turn your geldings into a valuable commodity, sell them for a profit and start over again.

Makes sense to me.

Back