Draft Classes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
I'm sorry this topic has been so overdone, but I would like to spark another conversation on Draft Classes. I read somewhere that if you show in Draft Halter, you must show in Draft Driving. Is this true? I honestly can't find anything on the Internet pointing me in the right direction for information on Draft Classes. I would love to really learn about this! My mini Jazzy is (what I think) a great specimen of a Draft-Type mini-strong shoulders, big hind quarters, thick(er) neck, and large barrel. If you would like to see pictures, they are in my photo gallery under "Jazzy". If anyone who knows anything about these classes/rules/tack requirements, etc. I would love for you to respond!

Thanks so much!

Jazzy & Bailey

Yes if you show in a draft halter class you must show in a draft driving class. You must show in a white or silver halter, but can't be a rolled style halter. You must also braid the manes and tails in the halter class but not necessary in the driving altho I highly recommend it. This is my draft halter mini. This class isn't available yet at all shows, its also not a rated class yet. There was good size entries in the gelding class and the mares increased a lil bit from last year but only 1 draft stallion. I think people would be more interested if they make this a rated class.

545530_3743515314469_95317318_n.jpg

Your mini is gorgeous, he also looks similar to my boy
default_smile.png
where did you get your draft tack halter/ribbons/harness/cart , if you don't mind me asking? I've tried searching for the halters and I only get real draft horse halters LOL! Also, is there a specific cart that is needed in draft? I know there is a specific harness but what about carts?

Thank you!

Go to My Draft Horse Super Store they have your braids and even show halters for minis

http://mydrafthorsesuperstore.com/cfwebstore/

Try to find a wooden cart that has wooden wheels for single. You can even use a wooden show cart with wooden wheels would be perfect just take the boot cover off. If you do any of the team stuff you need to find yourself a hitch wagon with a fifth wheel.

Yes if you show in a draft halter class you must show in a draft driving class. You must show in a white or silver halter, but can't be a rolled style halter. You must also braid the manes and tails in the halter class but not necessary in the driving altho I highly recommend it. This is my draft halter mini. This class isn't available yet at all shows, its also not a rated class yet. There was good size entries in the gelding class and the mares increased a lil bit from last year but only 1 draft stallion. I think people would be more interested if they make this a rated class.

545530_3743515314469_95317318_n.jpg

Jamie, I just love this picture! He looks GREAT!!

Latest posts

Back