Down sizing my mini horses and donkeys

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
I've had horses for many yrs but in the last few yrs, with our ages and the market and the cost of farming, I knew it had to be done. Besides I started working out of the home a couple yrs ago and just can't be two places at once (this yr out of 6 babies, I only had 2 living, I can't take the heart break any more), even with the Equipage and camera's, they don't work if you're not here, so I went from 48 mares (3 yrs ago) and 4 studs to just 3 pet mares. I think I've found good homes for my beloved minis. It wasn't easy to let them go, at work, I'd go in the bathroom and cry and cry, wipe the tears and go back out and try to act normal. This is when 8 were going to KS. It helped letting them go in groups, I sure hope they all have good homes.

Then I had to figure out how to make a website without my horses and donkeys. But we are happy with the ones that are here yet, even though it was hard and sometimes still is, I feel relieved when I look out and see these few in the pasture. Down sizing is hard but I guess I'd say worth it if that's what you have to do. I feel we didn't really have a choice here. If you want to look at my precious little mares that remain here, you can take a look here. http://www.sunsetridgeminis.com/minis.htm. It's the page off of my web site. Tell me what you think, are they neat little animals? I feel I can appreciate just a few more than a whole herd.

It looks like alot of people are down sizing lately, I know it's not easy, bless you and know that I for one, know how tough it is to let them go.

Oh Marnie, Just reading this made me cry
default_crybaby.gif
. I know when I was down there the other day it seemed so empty without all the horses and donkeys
default_no.gif
. I did just go on your web site and looked at EVERYTHING and I think it is very nice. I really enjoyed it. But what I'm wondering is how do you keep all the names right????? I'm glad you kept a few horses though.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
I can't imagine you without some form of equine around. Enjoy your time off.
default_yes.gif

There comes a time when we know it is the right thing to do. Glad you got to keep 3 of your favorites though. You will enjoy them more by having less i bet. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back