Double K question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normajeanbaker

Reaction score
Does anyone on here change the lever, etc in their Double K clippers on their own without sending them away? Is it difficult? I always send my clippers away to be checked every fall. I didn't this past year, and was getting ready to send them now. However, it costs me almost $200 everytime and it seems like all that is done is the lever(s) are changed and they are oiled, etc. Just basic stuff. I have seen the levers being sold online, so I am now wondering if it's really that hard to change on my own. My clippers clip fine and are only a year old, though they have done quite a few clips, so I am sure that stuff needs to be replaced. I am thinking I can do it far cheaper then what I am paying if it's not that difficult to do and can put that money towards sharpening a lot of blades!

Thanks in advance

Jen

I change out the lever in the Double K quite frequently when I am clipping alot of horses. It is not hard and I have never had a problem with doing it. Remove the top place two screws and remove the lever. Replace with new lever and add a dab of grease to the top and replace the top and your are done. I ususally take a brush and clean out the inside while I have it open.

Arlene

Thank You!! Sounds easy enough. I will give it a try. Worst that happens is I screw up and send them in to be fixed. LOL.

Thanks again

Jen

I change the levers all the time. Signs to watch for are blades stop working and there are tracks left when cutting.

There is a plastic washer that goes on top of the lever just before the cover is replaced. This is real easy to misplace and can cause some issues if it is not there. Just watch for it as you take the cover off. A small flat screwdriver can be used to pry up the old lever. Make sure you also get the small plastic insert off also. There are two felt pads that must remain in place when you push on the new lever. Most of the time they are stuck in the groves and don't move. But sometimes….. Well they can be put back. Also I lube the small round bearing on the tip of the motor. It takes less than five minutes most of the time.

Ron

I have 2 double K's and I was thinking of sending mine out to change the lever because the repair place thought that might be the problems with my clippers sometimes. I have a blade that doesnt want to snap on right and clip. Is the Lever the black part in the head that moves the top blade of the clipper blades?

Also is there anything else that should be routinely changed on your double K besides just basic greasing and lubing?

Latest posts

Back