Double K clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisha514

Reaction score
I need to get better clippers for body clipping. I use the Whal stable pro right now and they just don't have the power to do all the body clipping I have to do. I have read a lot about the Double K. Now before I go and spend a WHOLE lot of money I want to know if they are the best for body clipping. Also from what I can figure out they use the same blades as say the Andis AGC super 2. If thats the case then why would I spend about $300 on the double K when I could spend about $150 on the Andis. Is it the motor that makes the blades stay sharper longer or what? Educate me please.

Alisha

Hi Alisha,

I bought a Double K clippers a few years ago and I would not own anything else. They are fantastic !

I can get a horse clipped much faster with the Double K's than with the Oster 2 speed handheld (which looks to be similar to the Andes you referred to).

The secret to the Double K's is the motor is separate from the actual clipper by a long cable. You do not have the heat in the clipper unit that you hold in your hand, the heat stays in the motor. The blades will get hot and you have to change them often. If you have several #10 blades (or whatever size you use) you just have to change blades and continue clipping.

I can get a horse body clipped in about an hour with the Double K's. It is so much faster and does a nice job. If you get one you will wonder how you ever got along without it. The Double K's will also accept different brands of blades. I personally use the Oster blades and have several various sizes for different effects. I have #10's, #15's, #30's,#40's, #50's, #8.5 etc.

For me it was worth every penny of the purchase price.

Steph

I got a pair of Double K's a few years ago and LOVE them. Will never be without a set. I can get horses bodyclipped in half the time with them. I sent them to be serviced last month and had 1 horse left to clip before I sent them. I had to do that 1 horse in the clippers we used to use(Wahl KM-2's). I was quickly reminded how much I LOVE my Double K's and how much easier they make clipping! That 1 horse with the KM-2's took me twice as long to do and the clip wasn't nearly as smooth.

Well worth every penny you spend on them and as long as I have Minis, I will never be without a set.

~Jen~

I love love LOVE my Double K's. I prefer my Andis for faces and legs due to the cable on the Double K's being a little cumbersome, but the Double K's would be my pick, by far, if I could only have one set of clippers. They go through my horses dirty first of the year clip and clip them wet (flawlessly, too). Love them
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I love my Double K's...i bought mine cheap at a really good deal as they were used (and still working wonderful to this day...) but i plan to buy a new set with the longer cord this winter. My double K's go threw anything it seems and i have no complaints...worth every penny they are priced at. I do have some cordless wahl arco's that i do the head and ears with as they have an adjustable blade and are smaller and easy to detail with.

I too love my Double K's. I was able to clip 4 horses last Sunday (that included 1 jumpy weanling colt), and have 3 lined up for today. My only recommendation would be do not get the 20 ft cord. Its very cumbersome, heavy and imo, unneeded. I plan to order a much shorter one for spring clipping.

default_wub.png
LOVE MY DOUBLE K's

Sold 4 pair of Oster's on Ebay and bought mine several years ago. Will never be without Double K's as long as I have horses or dogs.

Thank You guys sooo much!!!! You have definetly made up my mind! I'm always leary of spending that much money but if its worth it then I'm going for it.

Alisha

We have 3 sets of Double K's -- will never want anything else. They are fantastic. Treat yourself -- you will never be sorry -worth every penny /!!

I just bought the Double K's this year. It's amazing how well they cut. It is advantagious with all the different speeds you can use. The blades do seem to get hot faster than our Andis clippers. The only thing I find with the Double K's is getting use to the cable. They are a bit awkward. dionne

I'll join in on the Double K love!
default_wub.png

Cable, schmable - I hardly notice it after all these years... I just regret that they quit making the 500s...

I totally agree with everyone here... I could never clip with any other clipper now that I have my Double Ks
default_smile.png
LOOOOOOOOOVE them!!!!
default_smile.png

Jessi

I have double K's and LOVE THEM!!!!! However, I have trouble getting down in the ears. Anybody got any recomendations of a different blade to use, I'm using a #15 or a different set of clippers to do the inside of ears and tops of ears.

Thanks TJ

l'd certainly go for the Double K's well worth the price.... what used to take 3 hours to do a couple now does 5 in the same amount of time. We have 2 now because l find that ours get hot pretty fast so switch back and forth between them without having to stop and wait for the blades to cool or change them..for ears and faces we still use our old Osters l found the Double K's to big and clumsy for that..

I just bought the Double K's this year. It's amazing how well they cut. It is advantagious with all the different speeds you can use. The blades do seem to get hot faster than our Andis clippers. The only thing I find with the Double K's is getting use to the cable. They are a bit awkward. dionne

Yea, I have to be careful not to trip over the blasted thing or not get them wrapped around my horses legs. Other then that I love them. But, I JUST purchased the Wahl Arco's for ears and muzzle's. The Double K's were a bit cumbersome for me. These Arco's will be nice, lite weight no cord, 90 minute battery, gotta love it. TJ

Back