Double k clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the wall mount, although I have never has the belt mount. I would find it to cumbersome to have a clipper attached to me (afraid it would pull my pants down
default_new_shocked.gif
). Plus you would have to take it off each time you wanted to walk away. I would suggest the wall mount w/ the 15' cable, better to have too much than not enough.

I have the wall mounted......though it's just on a chain and easy to move wherever I want to. I just put in on a hook. I can't imagine how heavy the belt model would be to wear.

I have a wall mount also. Hangs by a chain and is easy to move around. I have not tried a belt model but i think that would be in my way as i like to kneel down to get most parts of the horse.

I agree with what everyone else has said, I have the wall mount and love it, I just have it on a chain that I can hang off nails, hooks, whatever and definitely agree that the belt one would get in the way alot.

We have had a wall mount for years and LOVE it. We have wall mounted it with two screws so it is secure.

Every few years I send it back to Double K during the winter and have them lubricate and go through the engine to keep it in top shape. They have always been incredible in their service.

I would highly recommend these clippers.

Many years ago I had a belt mounted clipper. It was very heavy and kind of cumbersome. I then switched to the wall mount and it was so much better. The longer cable is very helpful too. Laura

These clippers are pretty heavy, i could not imagine wearing them on my belt, plus i normally clip in my Capri PJ's pants instead of jeans, as they are less restricting and make it easy to crawl around and get to the horses. I like the wall mount, go for the longer cable...you will thank yourself later for spending the extra $30 or so
default_smile.png

We have a few sets here at the barn and I prefer the wall mount for the minis and our short stirrup ponies. We have one belt mount it is not to bad on the larger horses but I would not want to use it on the smaller ones.

We ahve 2 sets of wall mounts &1 set of the belt mount-- the belt mount is not too heavy for short periods -- but gets in the way when you need ot get down under LOL-- I usually hang it on the fence or the gate -- so basically use it loke a wll mount as well. -- however, I really liek the shrter cable with the belt mount as I tend to get the longer one twisted.

Whichever yuo choose, they are great & I am sure you will love them.

I chose the belt model because I wanted to have the ablility to take it with me to long shows ( like Nationals). However, I usually hang it by the belt on a pole overhead in the cross ties. This way I can move it from side to side and the cable doesn't get in the way. I have put it around my waist on occasions and it is not too heavy as long as it's for a quick touch up. Wouldn't want to wear it for the "spring" clip nor for more than a one-horse clip.

I find the DoubleK too heavy, too awkward with the cable, and the blade too wide to do the face. Maybe I just need more practice.

Latest posts

Back