Double Diamond

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo Acres

Reaction score
I seen on the sales ad that Double Diamond is selling out (horses?) and revamping their tack. I had no clue, can anyone fill me in on what is going on? Very interested in the tack part since we shop there quite a bit at nationals. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

I believe after the dispersal they're going to continue on with the tack and the auction services, but if you want a good deal in the meantime you can get 40% off their existing inventory by using the promo code SALE during checkout. According to an email I received yesterday, that offer ends August 21. I imagine they'll probably offer all their used tack in the dispersal sale.

I believe after the dispersal they're going to continue on with the tack and the auction services, but if you want a good deal in the meantime you can get 40% off their existing inventory by using the promo code SALE during checkout. According to an email I received yesterday, that offer ends August 21. I imagine they'll probably offer all their used tack in the dispersal sale.
Well I just went to their site, and there is no way to buy anything...how did you do it? I cannot access their inventory at all, let alone get 40% off any of it.
default_biggrin.png

I just tried it too and it worked for me. We bought some stuff, but I am planning on loading up at the sale. My understanding is that there are going to be a lot of neat horses in the auction too, like I need any more horses LOL
default_risa8.gif

What site did you go to? http://www.doublediamondtack.com/ is still fully functional, and I just now had no trouble seeing their inventory or adding items to a shopping cart.
Well, son of a gun...I used that link...must of been "off" for awhile? I also went through google, and couldn't get it either. Weird.

Well, I just tried it again, and this time it worked...hmmm...must be somebody telling me I don't need more stuff.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Learned I must not have needed it either. Bought some show halters and got a cancelled/out of stock email, but they probably have other products available
default_smile.png

I talked with Jana a week or so ago. They are drastically cutting back on horses and not going to have as much tack on hand. They did everything right, so they grew so big so fast, I think it just got overwhelming. They are going to keep just a few horses, and ramp down the tack inventory so they can have more family and quality time. They are keeping the auction business. I don't know why the links aren't working - maybe going through and updating.

Hi Guys! We announced several weeks ago that we are dispersing our herd, and selling the Feed Mill of our business. Garry and I have dedicated our lives to the miniature industry for ten years. We ventured into the Feed Mill two years ago, on top of the other two businesses. To make a long story short, we have too many irons in the fire, and with our young family needing more of our time, we decided it was time to put family first, and simplify our lives

We are not leaving the miniature industry! I am keeping 4 mares which a friend of mine will house for me. As for the rest of the herd, it will be offered at public auction on August 21, 2010. We are proud that Vermilyea Farms is offering 27 horses in this sale. The auction will consist of AMHA, AMHR and ASPC horses.

The auction will be online, and you will be able to bid via the internet, or phone bid. Once again, we will have John Cherry as chat master, who will be filling everyone in during the sale via the chat room.

All of the tack and equipment used at the farm will be auctioned off also. We are updating the website daily to include pictures of the tack, and more updated descriptions of the horses. All horses offered by Double Diamond and Vermilyea Farms will be sold with no minimums or reserves.

Double Diamond Tack is offering 40 percent off in house merchandise. On August 21, we will close the internet and store for two weeks, when we will reopen with new merchandise!

Due to the changes that we are making, we will not be at AMHR Nationals or AMHA World Show with the tack booth.

As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me.

Sincerley,

Jana

I guess that answers all that stuff LOL. In any case if before the sale anyone needs Cindy or I to look at horses or tack for them. Let me know and I wll be glad to give you our unbiased opinion of things we see, as we will be there for the sale as Jana has said.

It is sometimes better to be able to ask questions of someone that is not a part of the sale. LOL

Jana as much as I totally understand, I am sad to hear you will not be at nationals. I already had a list started of what I wanted to pick up from you down there. I think you guys have good tack for a good price. We will miss having you there.

Wish I lived closer for your sale.

Yes, you will definitely be missed in the Nationals vendor area. You were always a "go to" place there! Good luck to you all.

Oh man, Jana couldnt you just cram more hours into your day? LOL

Sorry to hear they are dispersing their herd and cutting back on things. They have been awesome and yep, they have made shopping at Natl's and other places, just wonderful experiences. They have always been amazing to work with.

Latest posts

Back