Double Diamond Open Barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
The nice folks at Double Diamond farm in Indiana had a great open barn and very interesting seminars. Unforunately, they also had a great tack sale set up!! One blanket, 2 lunge whips, three lunge lines, six sheets, and a round pen later . . . OH OH OH and a COMB! Terrific sales. They also have some beautiful horses, and I got to visit with my favorite Park Horse, Lutes' Komo BJ - the daddy of my Ladyhawke.

Also got to see Pleasant Meadows Buck's Bay Blue, and all their other terrific stallions and beautiful babies. (Geez I hope they don't miss the three I put in my truck!) JUST KIDDING!!

It was a fun day, and I really enjoyed it.

The seminars were a rep from Purina, a very knowledgeable vet on vaccines and worming, show clipping, a jumper and hunter demonstration, and a condensed driving presentation by Darin Southwick, showing the steps from first time in a bitting rig, to a finished national champion Open pleasure horse.

Of course the drive home in the blinding rainstorm compliments of Dennis wasn't fun, but I'm sure it was worse for the 2 folks on the motorcycles.
unsure.gif
It was raining so hard from Warsaw Indiana to the border of Michigan that I couldn't see the exits at times.

Sounds like a great day. They have - or had - one of our little mares, Wild Oaks Royal Delight.

Jan

I wanted to go so bad. Was all set to head out there, but got a surprise invasion of grandchildren that needed babysitting.

Hi Cheryl

Nope - nobody this time. Although their sale is August 27th . . .

They do have some beautiful babies!

Latest posts

Back