Donna Norcross

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REO

Reaction score
Back in Dec Donna had contacted me to make one of my hand sculpted pins that I do. I chose to make it look like Viking! I fell in love with him on sight!

She was in no hurry, so I got done the other orders I had for show bows and boxes.

The clay I had bought to make the pin was horribly hard to work with so I put off doing it!

Then one night I felt I HAD to work on it!

I sat here and worked hard on it for 17.5 hours straight!

IT WAS FINISHED! And matching clip on earrings!

This is only a few inches tall and I made it out of a lump of clay using my fingers and a tooth pick!

Here is Viking!

perfect.jpg

The next day I told Donna I had made it and she told me that Viking had passed away during the night.
default_crybaby.gif

Now I know why I felt the need to make this that night!

Wow, those are just totally awesome and I'm sure Donna will enjoy wearing them in honor of Viking.
default_aktion033.gif

That's so pretty! I'm sorry to hear about Viking's passing. I'm sure that Donna is pleased to have this beautiful reminder of him.

It is beautiful. And yes he must have told you his Mama needed it. So sorry to hear she had lost him.

I'm packing them up to send to Donna. She says she loves the job I did!

It was a HONOR to do such an awesome pony!
default_wub.png

I for sure was inspired!
default_yes.gif

Just beautiful. Beautiful work of a beautiful pony. What a special memento for her to have.
default_wub.png

How beautiful, Donna will love it....someone was for sure telling your something...

Isn't it funny how sometimes things happen for a reason?
default_smile.png
Divine intervention for sure
default_smile.png

You do a beautiful job. Love it!

You do such a great job Robin. Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift especially under the circumstances.

Carol

Thank you everyone! That means a lot to me!

It's on it's way now. I know Donna will love it!

I didn't know Donna when she contacted me to commission this piece, but what a lovely lady she is!

It about killed me to hear Viking had passed away during the night I was making this.

She'd sent me photos of him being shown at age 30 (I think it was his first time in the ring) and he came away Grand Champion! Then they had a birthday cake for him!

Here he was at the show at age 30 two years ago!

vikinganddonrunning.jpg

What a beauty!

Viking.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be with great pride to wear such a beautiful pin and earrings. They are fabulously done and what a tribute to Viking. Even now that he is gone, we will have the memories lingering on because of such a great item.

It is hard to find the words to discribe the feelings that we share both in the making and wearing. It is undiscrible what kind of emotion was in the air the night that Viking died and how it passed from one to another.

It makes a person believe in unknown things. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REO you have done a great job it looks fabulous! I am sure you have had divine help this night.

Thanks everyone!
default_wub.png

I really enjoy doing these!

Donna be on the look out, Karrel mailed it today!

Latest posts

Back