DONKEY QUESTION

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini pony

Reaction score
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD JENNY THAT HAS BEEN RUBBING ALOT AND IS STARTING TO HAVE A BARE SPOT. I AM GOING TO CHECK HER OVER GOOD IN THE MORNING FOR LICE. DOES ANY ONE HAVE A GOOD SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM? WILL I HAVE TO DELICE ALL 6 OF THEM? SHE IS THE ONLY ONE RUBBING. IF SO WHAT PRODUCTS HAVE YOU USED? IS THERE ANY WORMER THAT WILL KILL LICE? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER.

MINI PONY

IT might be the warm days, mine are rubbing also but I know they don't have lice. I don't know of any wormers but you can get the delousing powder and it works pretty good........You can definitely see them beggers. I had a mini horse I took in one time and he was covered. I found them as I was shaving him and I got up around his mane and their they were biggest bugs I have ever seen......Needless to say I washed him with lice shampoo for dogs, which worked really good. And then waited and shaved the rest of him the next day............

mini pony said:
unsure.gif

unsure.gif

unsure.gif
I HAVE A 5 YEAR OLD JENNY THAT HAS BEEN RUBBING ALOT AND IS STARTING TO HAVE A BARE SPOT. I AM GOING TO CHECK HER OVER GOOD IN THE MORNING FOR LICE.  DOES ANY ONE HAVE A GOOD SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?  WILL I HAVE TO DELICE ALL 6 OF THEM?  SHE IS THE ONLY ONE RUBBING.  IF SO WHAT PRODUCTS HAVE YOU USED?  IS THERE ANY WORMER THAT WILL KILL LICE?  THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN OFFER.
MINI PONY

345811[/snapback]

My donks always start rubbing this time of year, there is one jennet that always looks like a baboon with her bare behind! No worms, cause I deworm every 8 weeks and no lice either. If you find it is lice, Ivermectin is the dewormer to use and dose again in 10 days to kill any new lice. That's the standard lice or mange killer for any animal.

Latest posts

Back