Doggy Ear Tip To Share!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FurstPlaceMiniatures

Reaction score
I have a coonhound with the traditional hound ear problems! He was AWFUL about them too - I wrestle cows for a living and this dog whooped me frequently about ear meds or cleaning.

He had yeast issues in his ears. Until I had a moment of brilliance in the drug store - feminine itch wipes. Now, I just rub his ears out a few times a week. We went from the hound you had to body tackle while he screamed to get the meds in or even touch with a q tip to him laying on the floor smiling and wagging his tail on his back. Haven't had an infection since I've started this. It kills the itch instantly and honestly does a way better job cleaning than any of the liquids or even q tips. Vet thought it was genius and is now reccomending to others with 'hound ears' too.

Just thought I'd share!
default_smile.png

what brand do you use? I have a basset hound I fight to keep his ears clean and healthy. He gets yeast so easily.

I got the name brand vagisil, because I found a coupon that made it cheaper but really anything with the same active ingredient at the same strength would work!

I have a boxer , this will help prevent future ear infections.Gr8 Idea and thanks for sharing . Only thing I need now is to ring Mum and see if she will get me some next time she is at the chemist.
default_smile.png

LOL, Ryan I thought you Aussies were all relaxed about these kinds of things
default_wink.png

Sorry to tease you , couldn't help myself.

I love this idea, my bullmastiffs used to get fungus issues in their ears and I started using an athletes foot spray. It was quick and it did the job but the wipes would make the dog love the treatment which the spray did not.

Awesome thank you! I'm still fighting this nasty yeast infection in my Newfie's ears!

Latest posts

Back