Dog Question-My JRT is sick!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's hoping the antibiotics get him on the mend quickly. Did they do a skin scraping where the hotspot is? He could have a staph infection, I had a dog do that once. And the hotspot did not look like much.

As long as he is drinking he can go quite a while without eating and if he isn't eating there wont be much pooping
default_wink.png
default_biggrin.png

I feel for you there is nothing worse than a sick animal and no answers......will keep you and him in my thoughts.

I hope Auggie had a good night and is feeling even better this morning. I would also be really frustrated with the lack of a real answer, but hopefully he's on the mend and that's for sure the most important thing.

Auggie seems a little better this morning. He's left my daughter's bed and made it to my bed instead, so he's getting around better and was able to jump up on the bed. YAY!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Big change from yesterday when he couldn't even walk 2 steps.

Thank you again for everyone's thoughts & prayers for Auggie dog!!! I think he's on his way back to being his normal self!!

default_aktion033.gif
Glad to hear is doing a little bit better. Another 24 hours on the antibiotics and he'll be running around like his old self!

That is terrific new - I am so glad to hear the update is good!!!

Liz R.

Thank You All!! He's gotten around alot better today. Still not 100%, but lots better then yesterday. He's still doing alot of resting, but is walking on his own and going outside for a few minutes at a time. He seemed to really like feeling the sun on his back this afternoon!! I'm so glad he's doing better!!!
default_yes.gif

Great to hear that AuggieDog is feeling better..Doesn't it just worry you sick when our lil furbabies aren't themselves..

I've been following this thread and wanted to say EXCELLENT, I'm glad your pup is feeling better!

Auggie Doggie is doing much better today!!! Up and at em and barking at noises with the other 2 dogs. Eating well and back to his cantankerous little self!!! He doesn't like his pills at all and has learned to clinch his jaws tightly shut when it's medicine time. It doesn't fool him when I put them in a bit of food either!!
default_wacko.png
I am so glad and happy that he's feeling better. It was soooo hard seeing him so sick!!

I didnt read this whole post but since his chewing and digging is at base of tail I first think of impacted or infected anal glands. Or if you used that spot type flea repellent he might be allergic to that stuff. My big Lab got a hot spot and was very sore for her due to applying that stuff.

Hope he feels better soon. Maxine

I am so happy he's doing so well!!!!!!!

Winston is also terrible about taking pills, even the ones that supposedly taste good.

We tried so many things but found the strangest solution! Not sure how long it will work, but it worked last time we needed it. Putting the pill in a little (thimble size) marshmallow!!! Crazy boy! He is crazy about marshmallows of all things.

dog41.gif

Something else you can try. Liverwurst at your deli counter. Buy it in a chunk...the consistency is that of ground hamburger where you can make little meat balls out of them.

Latest posts

Back