dog in season question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Is it common for a female who is going into season to not eat as much? If not very little

I've never had any of my girls refuse food when they were close or coming into season….don't know about other dogs.

~kathryn

I've had some be a little picky when in season, just like some women have a harder time with cycles some bitches can have a harder time. They might get a little bloated and feel yucky.

I have never noticed before because she was never set fed before either. She only ate maybe a half cup of food yesterday. She is cycling as she is in the bleeding stage. She is also older at 12 but otherwise seems normal. She is doing just fine at begging for human food, running around and playing all though she is a bit unhappy about having to wear her panties.

Being 12yrs old I worry about an open pyometria. Bitches with open pyos don't get nearly sick as bitches with closed pyos.

I'd have her checked by your Vet to be sure.

Dr. Taylor

She has been to a vet twice in the last 3 months for being sick. He did check her out in depth as he was concerned about her not being fixed. She ate normal meals today.

Latest posts

Back